Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Hygiene Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: WASH Program Manager
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Categorty: Programmes – WASH
Level: Mid Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Nutrition and Health Officer who will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and completion of Nutrition and health project activities throughout the project life cycle.
- He/She will provide oversight and supervision to health facilities run by State and LGAs and supported by AAH, building the capacity of MoH Health workers, and keeping continuous updates and reporting.
- In coordination with the WASH Programme Manager, revising and adapting hygiene promotion training and IEC materials in line with the local context (should be drawn up as a communication plan) and in line with target groups to be trained;
- Ensure gender and protection mainstreaming in the project implementation at all stages;
- Develop and ensure data collecting tools covers all aspect (disaggregated by gender/age, PLWD, etc.) of the project;
- Working closely with the WASH Programme Manager throughout the planning, design, and implementation stages of WASH technical activities;
- Representing the organization at local level WASH meetings and technical working groups relating to Public health promotion and NFI distribution as required by your line manager;
- Providing day-to-day management of staff directly under your responsibility;
- Setting performance missions for staff under direct management, conducting one-to-one meetings and performance appraisal in line with ACTION AGAINST HUNGER performance management policies as well as identifying areas where support and capacity building is required.
- Minimum of Diploma in Health, Hygiene, and Sanitation related field.
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Two to three years of relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Office software skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Willing and ability to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English Hausa, Kanuri, and Shuwa language.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.