Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : (Hum Hub COOK)
Organizational Unit : HUMANITARIAN HUB
Duty Station : BANKI
IOM Classification : CFCV 2021.65 Hourly
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Hourly Contract
CFCV No. : CFCV 2021.65 Maiduguri BANKI (Hum Hub COOK)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 July 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Humanitarian Hubs Project Coordinator and Humanitarian Hub Management staff, and with direct supervision of the Red Roof Kitchen Supervisor (chef), the successful candidate will be responsible for overall operation and management of the kitchen in Banki field humanitarian hub in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules, and procedures. He or She will:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment, prepare weekly food and beverage plan.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Prepare supplies requests for the week, in coordination with the field hub Manager. Verify the quality of supplies delivered in a timely manner, is acceptable and passes the minimum quality standard of the kitchen.
- Ensure that all staff observe standard operating procedure to maintain quality and cleanliness of the food and facilities of the restaurant, and kitchen.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served, washing/dressing of glasses, trays etc.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen/restaurant by continuously developing/innovating new menu to provide good variety of food being served.
- Ensure all food, beverages and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of beverages, ingredients and non-perishable food items delivered.
- Work closely with warehouse assistants to monitor/consistently take stock count on a weekly basis and place orders monitoring the quantity available to avoid shortage of food and beverages.
Perform any other duties as required by supervisors
Required Qualifications and Experience Education:
- Secondary School Education (minimum requirement)
- Any additional Certificate in relevant field will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar setting, such as hotels and hospitality centers.
- Good knowledge and understanding of safety practices and use of Kitchen equipment and general experience in catering services.
Languages Fluency in English and Hausa / Kanuri
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
Page 2 / 3
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to fill out the HR form using this link; https://forms.office.com/r/zWNj8URxYd and submit their applications via email to HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line by Saturday 31st July 2021
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV 2021.65 Maiduguri BANKI (Hum Hub COOK).
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants who are Indigenes of BANKI and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From; 21 July 2021 to 31 July 2021