Results for Development (R4D) is a global nonprofit organization working with partners in more than 55 countries to find new ways to help people escape poverty and reach their full potential. We apply fresh thinking and rigor to emerging and stubborn development challenges-particularly within the fields of health, education and governance-and we pioneer and advance creative, high-impact solutions. We do this by conducting analysis and generating evidence that helps to inform and influence decision-makers; building platforms and networks that connect people and ideas; by providing direct support to local change agents; and combining these approaches to deliver meaningful and lasting results.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Consultancy
Scope of Work
- The Accelerator seeks a qualitative research expert who demonstrates expertise and experience in qualitative data collection (including conducting key informant interviews) and familiarity with Nigeria’s health system.
- The consultant will support in-country IRB submission (as necessary), facilitate meetings with government and partners including inception and validation workshops, lead initial data collection in Nigeria, conduct supplemental interviews when needed, review additional documents obtained during data collection and assist with the initial data analysis.
- Fluency in English required, as all in-country research will be done in English.
Activities and expected deliverables
Timeline and Level of Effort
- The consultant will lead and/or contribute to the following activities:
- Supporting the adaptation of research tools to the local context and support in-country IRB submission, if needed
- Attending data collection training and facilitating training sessions
- Conducting in-depth interviews (with approximately 20-25 individuals) and 2-3 focus group discussions
- Conducting follow-up or supplemental interviews if needed
- Reviewing additional documents obtained from interviews and site visits
- Reviewing transcribed interviews and focus group discussions for accuracy
- Coding transcripts using a codebook
- Conducting initial data analysis, including drafting a country report
- Providing inputs to global project documents, as requested
- Drafting country case report
- Coded transcripts of in-depth interviews and focus group discussion
- Draft country report
- Validation meetings report
- The consultancy is expected to require approximately 45 days between June 2023 and January 2024.
- The consultant will work closely with an R4D team of 3-4 people, including a Senior Program Director, Senior Program Officer, and Senior Program Associate, who will provide inputs to work based on Accelerator experience, support coordination with partners and funders, manage the logistics of meetings and review processes, and lead the completion of the data analysis.