Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. We are there in disasters and emergencies to provide water and critical assistance to those affected. Together with our international network and partner organisations in the ACT Alliance, we can reach millions of people each year and help make a positive difference around the world. We are determined to work towards eradicating injustice, and we therefore work passionately with advocacy, long-term development in local communities and providing emergency assistance. As we see more and more people impacted by disasters, we now have an even stronger focus on providing more people with emergency relief and access to clean water. We believe that people in need must be helped, and we will not stop fighting for a just world. NCA has been operational in North-eastern part of Nigeria providing humanitarian relief assistance with strong presence in Pulka, Maiduguri, Pulka, and Dikwa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GBV Case Management Officer (Field Based)
Location: Pulka, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting To: Senior GBV Officer
- The GBV case management Officer will support GBV response activities focused on lifesaving GBV response services to women and girls. This will be accomplished by Close monitory, coaching, and providing mentor to partners on the appropriate GBV survivor centered case management.
- The GBV Officer-Case Management will participate, and support partners specific program components related to GBV case management, GBVIMS/GBVIMS+ and referrals of GBV survivors.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide regular supervision to partners case staff and ensure the appropriate use of the case management tools.
- Participate actively in GBV sub sector working group.
- Lead in case Management review meetings/conferences.
- Ensure case management steps are followed, referrals and documentation are happening in an appropriately and timely manner.
- Ensure timely assistance and referrals are provided to GBV survivors in adherence with GBV guiding principles, using up-to-date service mapping tool and referral pathway.
- Conduct regular meetings with partners response staff for debriefing and provide support as may be needed.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with case management actors in the field, including government actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Along with GBV prevention officers, Update the service mapping as well as ensure that referral pathway at the field level is solidified.
- Ensure supplies/resources for counselling spaces, women center, and other program activities are requested on a timely manner and are efficiently utilized.
- Conduct bi-weekly/monitoring of partners activities in the field.
- Participate and Support partners in relevant evaluations and needs assessments.
- Understand and support the partners in the use of the M&E Framework to collect relevant information on activity implementation.
- Ensure regular data collection and transfer supporting documentation about implemented activities and results to line manager.
- Submit progress reports on a weekly
- Contribute to timely and quality monthly reports.
- Communicate actively with partners and beneficiaries, support field level CRM.
- Communicate with supervisor on program progress, constraints, training needs identified and other matters pertaining to the GBV response activities as part of the GBV program.
- Develop and submit detailed weekly and monthly work plans line manager.
- Develop and submit annual leave and compensation leave plan to line manager.
- team members to identify their needs in capacity building and share with the supervisor.
- Develop and submit to the supervisor the monthly movement plan.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- NCA’S Commitments
- NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics within Norwegian Church Aid.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field (Gender Studies, Public Health, Social Work, Humanities, Law, Psychology, Sociology).
- 2-5 years experience with minimum of 2 years relevant experience in GBV in emergencies, gender programming.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in INGO
- Experience in working within a relatively large team.
- Ability to carry-out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the organization.
- Experience in enforcing the compliance of internal control procedures and policies relating to different departments and activities.
- Strong commitment to human rights, gender equality, and understanding of issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Commitment to and understanding of NCA core values and principles.
- Must adhere to and encourage PSEA and NCA Code of Conduct and ensure timely reporting.
- Strong belief in and commitment to human rights and gender equality.
- Demonstrated competency to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Resilient, flexible and gender sensitive.
- Ability to work/communicate effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
- Experience working with community groups, community leaders and women empowerment initiative.
- A person with strong analytical, problem-solving skills, good time management and planning skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, fluency in local language.
- Strong computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Willingness to travel to field sites frequently and strong, experience working in GBV programs, managing WGSS and IDP peri- Urban setting.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2023 by 4 pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “Application for GBV CM Officer Pulka” as the subject of the mail.
- We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so early submissions are encouraged.
- We value your interest and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for the next phases of this recruitment.