Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Employment Type: Full time
- The Finance Intern will assist the Country Office Finance Team in ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Helen Keller policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The FI is aware of, and adheres to, Helen Keller’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Assist to properly code all transactions.
- Assist in Processing payment of expenses, including per diem and retirements.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Tracking and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Support retrieval of documents during Audit.
- Other tasks as may be requested by supervisor.
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR or interest in learning about public health issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.