The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Nurse
CFCV No. : CFCV2022/74
Location: Gombe (Mallam Sidi – Gombe) with travels
Organizational Unit: Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR) programme
IOM Classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 8 months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Consultant’s role will be to support the provision of clinical, administrative, and project management support for health assessments and treatment of former associates assisted by the IOM Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR) programme.
- The project aims to strengthen the capacity of the Federal Government of Nigeria- GoN to effectively implement rehabilitation programming as well as prepare host communities for sustainable community-based reintegration processes, with an improved Lake Chad Basin (LCB) countries regional coordination.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
The tasks listed below will be subject to ongoing review, and where necessary, adjusted in consultations between the incumbent and IOM:
- Assist the Medical Doctor in various duties, this includes but not limited to logistic preparation for medical screening, handling, and safekeeping of individual medical files, collection of biodata and medical history, physical examination, ensuring identity checks of the applicants, and confidentiality of information throughout the screening process of beneficiaries in rehabilitation and transit centres in Gombe, with trips to Maiduguri.
- Provide health screening to beneficiaries upon their entry into program, as well as on a regular basis during their stay at the Transition Centre.
- Support medical doctor in providing medical treatment & referrals of complicated cases.
- Teach & counsel patients & reinforce their understanding of disease, medications & self-care skills, answers general questions.
- In coordination with IOM Information Counselling and Referral Services System (ICRS) staff, and particularly the Psychosocial Support (PSS) team, conduct regular health & hygiene awareness sessions with beneficiaries at the canter.
- Support in always maintaining a safe & clean working environment and conduct sensitization on Covid-19.
- Assist the doctor with monitoring and coordinating procurement for availability of medical supplies.
- Adhere to infection control policies & protocols, medication administration & storage procedures & controlled substance regulations always.
- Assist in keeping track of medical supplies & drugs, checking expiration dates & in ensuring & verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs.
- In coordination with medical doctor, report the key epidemiological data every week in a timely manner.
- Assist the doctor in collating relevant data & submit reports as required.
- Coordinate with the health experts and the doctor for the development of relevant health-related tools, including plans and protocols for medical management, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), the establishment of a medical committee, Health Management Information System (HMIS), and training for staff.
- Assist in monitoring and administering medication
- Assist in Writing reports and maintaining records
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Please indicate PI’s:
- Satisfactory completion of tasks indicated in the TOR
- Quality of the protocols developed
- Quality of monthly reports
- Quality of services provided to the beneficiaries
Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- On the second month of consultancy, workplan for the delivery of point 12 of the designated tasks.
- Monthly activity reports, approved by the Medical Doctor, and the RR Programme Manager and RR Project
- Manager, previous agreement on reporting template and content.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Nursing from an accredited academic institution
- Experience in administration/management an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday 28th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the Position applied on the subject line.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)”, and with a subject line CFCV2022/74 Gombe State, (Mallam Sidi – Gombe) with travels. Consultant (Nurse)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
- IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.