The West African Centre For Public Health and Development (WACPHD-UOM-IGPH) is a non-governmental organization working on the improvement of health equity through sustained engagement with a core element approach that includes Research, Program delivery, Technical Assistance, and Education.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Support Officer
Locations: Abia, Adamawa, Anambra, Edo, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Kano, Lagos and Oyo
Duration of engagement: 3months.
- The finance and administrative support officer’s role are to manage field team logistics, coordinate administrative and financial activities during field implementation.
- S/He will also document all necessary means of verification as required by the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
The finance and administrative support officers, under the supervision of the National Finance Lead, will carry out the following:
- Carry out field team accreditation.
- Provide finance and administrative support for field teams with guidance from the National office.
- Assist with the preparation of routine reports.
- Coordinate all logistics for field teams.
- Prepare payment schedule and disbursement of remuneration for field staff and state team.
- Prepare the requisite financial documents ahead of meetings.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc. or HND in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive financial management experience on development projects is required.
- Experience in management and coordination of human resources activities.
- Knowledge of Global Fund regulations, policies, and procedures, and familiarity with subgrants management is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with spreadsheets, are preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work independently is required.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills are required.
- Ability to communicate in English and the local language is required.
- The applicant should be resident in the selected state.
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- ‘WACPHD considers equality for all to be a fundamental human right. We actively promote diversity and inclusion, while condemning all types of unlawful and unjust discrimination based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and motherhood, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.’
- Interested applicants should apply by filling out an online recruitment form and submit a one-page application letter along with your CV and references to the following link
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- “Individuals blacklisted from implementing Global Fund grants are not eligible to apply for any of the advertised positions”.