eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in: eHealth and mHealth software and solutions Technology Infrastructure Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems Research and data analysis Project Management eHealth Africa works closely with health NGOs in order to provide them with technology solutions that will enhance their on-going and new health programs. We also strive to work with state and government officials to manage large scale implementations at health facilities across the country. eHealth and Information Systems Africa, Inc. is a California, USA Public Service Corporation. We have offices based in California, USA, and Kano, Nigeria.
EOC Administrative Coordinator
- Experience 5 years
- Location Katsina
Purpose of the Position
- The EOC Administrative Coordinator oversees a variety of administrative and technical services to support activities of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- S/he ensures quality services are rendered at the front desk and points of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events. Sets up meeting rooms with appropriate technology and arranges lunches, dinners, and refreshments for meetings.
- Oversees all secretarial/clerical duties including recording and transcribing minutes of meetings, photocopying, fax, and mailing. Assists in managing all technical equipment (printers, computers, projectors, etc.)
- Responsible for assigning daily tasks and overseeing the maintenance of electronic and Physical copy filing systems, and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, and emails.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Supervises entries, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the EOC. Organizes and maintains electronic and paper filing systems for EOC resources, tools, and materials, including files on the shared drive.
- Ensure general administrative/Technical support to the EOC Office staff and Partners as required are provided.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, VPN, Email Routing, and HTTP. Investigates, diagnoses, and solves computer software and hardware faults.
- Installs maintains, configures, and troubleshoots telecommunication infrastructure, including VOIP phones, AP’s, WLAN controllers including servers, printers, computers workstations, etc.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized academic institution in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management or any related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years Technical administrative support experience preferably in an International NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and troubleshooting.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays. Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess the good problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in the program
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply