Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator (Volunteer)
Ref No: 210002TN
Location: Damaturu, Potiskum, Gujba, Jakusko, Fune and Fika – Yobe
Employee Status: Contingent
- The Enumerator has the responsibility of collecting data, Conduct interviews of respondents in the communities according to the evaluation questionnaires,
- He / she is to work with the MEAL /Program team throughout the exercise.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Represent SCI in the field, with professionalism, honesty and commitment
- Conduct interviews of respondents in the communities according to the evaluation questionnaires
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and information management standards and protocols, sharing information only in compliance with these standards.
- Work with cultural sensitivity and respect the dignity of vulnerable children and families and members of the communities at all times.
- Comply with all relevant save the children policies and procedures with respect to Child safeguarding health and safety and other relevant policies
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience And Attributes
- Degree, HND, ND, SSCE in any relevant field
- Experience working in conducting data collection North-eastern Nigeria (Yobe state in particular) will be an advantage
- Familiarity with use of ODK and other online survey data collection tools
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulfulde, Kare-kare, Ngizim)
- Must possess excellent inter-personal relations skills
- Able to communicate effectively in local languages and build strong relationships with people in many different environments.
- Able to work independently
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy
- Previous experience conducting community based data collection
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of local language
- Experience and skills in management of staff
- Understanding of the region dynamics of the conflict
- Experience in working in an insecure environment
- Indigenes and residents of Damaturu, Potiskum, Gujba, Jakusko, Fune and Fika are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online