Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist
Requisition ID: req17690
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/in-depth local analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments in enhancing existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming, and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- We are seeking a Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist to support the Data Analytics and Data Use, team.
- The Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist will provide in-depth data analysis and develop high-quality dashboards and information products for key priority indicators.
- The Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist will work with the Data.FI Nigeria’s Data Analytics and Data Use Team Lead to develop and standardize visualizations across Data.FI Nigeria analytic platforms such as the Comprehensive Access Review Dashboard (CARD), Automated Partner Performance Reporting (APPR) line lister application, and other information systems are under optimization.
- The Specialist will report to the Data Analytics and Data Use Team Lead.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop visualization mockups and prototypes in response to user requirements for implementation on the CARD.
- Create dashboards, automated reports, report templates, and presentations by analyzing requisite data using data visualization and analysis tools.
- Develop product catalogs to document the dictionary of visual assets for the CARD, line lister application, and information products developed in response to the HIV epidemic control.
- Influence interventions through state-of-the-art analytics with understandable, actionable, data-driven insights and quickly identify key themes from their data.
- Provide guidance and insight on data visualization options for dashboard design and use relevant business intelligence tools to execute the desired outputs.
- Work with the support of the Data Analytics team to enhance data collection structures and procedures to include relevant information for building analytic systems.
- Recommend data architecture and engineering structures necessary to support data mining, reports, analytics, and dashboards.
- Develop data strategies specifically around data structures, identifying critical information, and the tools used to retrieve and analyze the data.
- Develop and generate high-quality information products and infographics to generate meaningful use of data for programmatic decision-making.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Management Information Systems or any Health-related Degree with health informatics experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of work experience in data analysis, data mining, BI (Tableau, Power BI, and other tools), and analytics development or other related analytical projects with recent proven experience developing data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting.
- Proficiency in the development of infographics and packaging of information products.
- Experience working with large datasets (on relational and non-relational data stores) and excellent understanding of metadata, DHIS2, and patient-level data.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, especially with data forecasting, cleaning, and transformations.
- Strong proficiency in query/reporting tools, SQL, Advanced Excel (or similar visualization tool), R/Python, or other statistical tools.
- Advanced data analysis skills and proficiency in statistical and GIS packages, at least one or two, such as Stata, SPSS, Epi, QGIS, etc. would be an added advantage.
- Experience working in health programming will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to mentor and train through various methods, including online, face-to-face, or blended learning opportunities.
- Excellent analysis interpretation and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online