Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organisation, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organisation with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organisational expansion:
Job Title: Community Health Extension Worker – CHEW
Job ID: sfh-86169
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for talented people with a track record of high performance and passion for providing healthcare for their community to join our vibrant workforce under our Enhancing PHC for UHC (A2F) scheme. SFH is recruiting staff to work in PHC facilities in Delta State.
- The successful candidate will work in one of SFH’s PHC in Delta State under the A2F scheme.
- The Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW) will provide appropriate health care services at the facility as well as community health education and outreach services in the community.
- He/she will report to the managing Physician.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Create connections between vulnerable populations and healthcare providers.
- Manage care and care transitions for the community.
- Reduce social isolation among patients
- Determine eligibility and enrol individuals in health insurance plans
- Educate healthcare providers and stakeholders about community health needs
- Provide culturally appropriate health education on topics related to chronic disease prevention, physical activity, and nutrition
- Collect data and relay information to stakeholders to inform programs and policies
- Provide informal counselling, health screenings, and referrals
- Build community capacity to address health issues
- Address social determinants of health.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess an appropriate qualification as a Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW) from a recognized School of Health Technology.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience; especially in primary healthcare services.
- Valid CHEW practicing licence from the Community Health Practitioner Board of Nigeria.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum.
- Other computer skills will be of added advantage.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent skills in community health services.
- Experience with primary healthcare services in the community setting, as well as community education, advocacy, and mobilization skills.
- Good relationship management/ interpersonal skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on patients’ medical records
- Ability to cope with stress and to organise and prioritize workload, multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Can speak a least one local language in the state of implementation.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is based on industry standards, and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivise talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.