Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Reports to: Senior Accountant – General Ledger & Accounts Receivable
- The Accounts Payable Officer reports to the Senior Accountant, General Ledger & Accounts Receivable.
- H/she is responsible for the recording, verifying, processing and payment of vendor invoices accurately and promptly.
- In addition, h/she provides financial, administrative and clerical support to the Account and Financial unit.
In addition, the responsibility includes;
- Disbursement, maintaining, monitoring of petty cash and float for petty expenses.
- Preparation of payment vouchers.
- Reconciliation of creditors and debtors accounts on QuickBooks (accounting software), as well as the posting of supplier and consultant invoices on QuickBooks.
- Managing supplier and consultant invoice records on SharePoint.
- Preparation of payment schedules and upload on banking portal.
- Responsible for posting petty cash vouchers, retirement vouchers & refund vouchers into QuickBooks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance-related field.
- Interested candidates should have between 2 – 4 years of working experience as an Account Officer/Assistant role.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage, FreshBooks, QuickBooks) is compulsory.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines, determine priorities, organize work to meet objectives, and identify and deal with problems.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external parties and internal colleague
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
- More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com