Under the supervision of the AAP Delegate, Accountability to Affected People (AAP) Generalist Field Officer will support the continuous efforts of the delegation to conduct its operations in a way that is compliant with the AAP’s institutional framework. S/he will act as a focal point for the field teams to implement the AAP approach in Nigeria delegation operations.
- Works with Assistance/Protection field teams across the country to help include an AAP approach at each level of the project cycle. As such, s/he joins field trips to contribute to the assessment phases, the designing of the project, its implementation and monitoring. It is expected that 60% of the Field Officer’s time will be spent undertaking field activities and support in favour of certain activities identified as priority by Department/HoSD and AAP delegates.
- Helps field teams organize and run Focus Group Discussions
- Helps field teams prepare and implement Community Engagement strategies, together with COM colleagues
- Helps field teams include diversity in their operations and use disaggregated data
- Review, with AAP delegate, project proposals and assessment forms whenever needed and suggest amendments based on AAP perspective
- Monitors and analyse the socio-economic, cultural and political environment in order to understand social power dynamics at play in Nigeria and inform the delegation/SD accordingly. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation, especially upon request from Assistance/Protection departments and/or SD
- Contributes to organizing internal workshops with SD/ department on how better implementing AAP in the project cycles.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information about the projects and contributes to written reporting.
- Participates in, and may carry out independently, administrative follow-up of field missions.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree or relevant professional experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Have 2 years of field experience with ICRC or other humanitarian organizations
- Experience should include working with affected persons and communities
- Kanuri and Hausa speaking a strong asset!
- Experience in running focus group discussions
- Experience organizing and facilitating workshops
- Excellent research, analysis and synthesis skills
- Knowledge of ICRC RBM an asset
How to apply
- Send Curriculum vitae, cover letter and NYSC Certificate to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202100196 AAP Generalist Field Officer 2 ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated) • In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen: • Qualification(s)
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 04.08.2021, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.