It is not a secret that Automobile accidents are the leading cause of death among teens, according to reports, one-third of those deaths being alcohol-related.
Drunk driving is a significant issue that affects public safety. While young drivers are not the sole demographic responsible for this problem, they do make up a substantial percentage.
According to reports, In the US, licensed drivers under 21 are responsible for 17% of fatal-related crashes, even though they represent only 10% of the total licensed drivers. Finding ways to prevent drunk driving is crucial.
In order to try and reduce the number of young drivers getting behind the wheel while under the influence of alcohol, the lawyers at Wells Call are Developed well Care annual scholarship which awards a $1500 scholarship to students.
Overview of the Scholarship Contest
The lawyers at the Wells Call Annual scholarship are inviting students to write an essay of at least 500 words (and no more than 1000 words) proposing a compelling idea that will help lower or even prevent drunk driving among teens. The essay is expected to include actionable steps to support the proposed solution.
All you need to know About Wells Call and it’s Commitment to Justice
Wells Call is a Bay Area personal injury law firm that is responsible for handling numerous auto accident cases each year.
The firm has handled legal issues of tons of Clients from across California and the Western U.S.
Wells can heavily rely on their demonstrated ability to achieve justice, even in the most unique and difficult personal injury and wrongful death cases. Should you want to locate them, their offices are located in Napa, Fairfield, Vallejo, Vacaville, Woodland, and Richmond.
Eligibility and requirements for the scholarship
For you to be eligible for the scholarship, They must meet one of the following criteria: they should either be high school seniors set to graduate in the summer of 2023 or currently be enrolled in a college, trade school, or university at the beginning of the fall semester in 2023
All submissions of application letters are expected to be received latest by July 14, 2023.
When the winner be announced
I know you must be curious to know when the winner of this scholarship will be announced, well according to the official website, the winner will be selected and notified no later than August 1, 2023.
The application deadline of the scholarship is slated for a date not later than July 14, 2023. So you should strive as much as possible to get Your application in time as All submissions must be received by July 14, 2023. Any date later than the stipulated date above means outright disqualification.
What You Should Write About In Your essay
Like we discussed from the very beginning, Drunk driving among teens has continued to be a pressing issue, it has resulted in devastating consequences for both the drivers and innocent victims on the road.
To combat this problem and ensure the safety of youth, The Wells Calls continues to implement innovative and comprehensive solutions, these scholarship is one of such moves that tries to create awareness on the need to battle Drunk Driving amongst youths, with these in mind, initiatives battling Drunk driving like The “SafeDrive” initiative was equally designed to empower teens to make responsible choices, raise awareness about the dangers of drunk driving, and foster a culture of accountability within their peer groups and communities.
So the Wells Calls encourage students to propose a compelling idea to prevent drunk driving among teens, you’re expected to think creatively and outside the box. There is no one right answer.
They expect your essay to include actionable steps that can be taken to implement the proposed solution.
I know you may be confused on what to write as regards the essay, don’t worry, we curated a list of ideas that you can use and develop your essay, try reading to the end, I promise you you would find the essay very easy to write after reading.
In order to Craft an essay that will give you the needed advantage for this scholarship, we’ve developed a list of actionable steps that you can incorporate in your Essay
1.Community Outreach and Partnerships:
- There should be Collaboration with schools, local law enforcement, and youth organizations to build awareness about the program.
- parents and guardians should be engaged to encourage their children’s participation and support the initiatives that seeks to battle Drunk Driving amongst youths
- Groups battling Drunk Driving should Seek sponsorship from local businesses to provide resources for their programs.
2.Mentor Recruitment and Training:
responsible adults should be recruited from the communities to become mentors, these adults should emphasize on qualities such as empathy, good judgment, and reliability.
- thorough background checks and training should be conducted to ensure the safety of the teens involved.
3.Teen Engagement and Mentor Matching:
- Groups can Reach out to teens through school assemblies, workshops, and online campaigns to introduce the program and its benefits.
- interviews should be conducted to match mentors and teens based on compatible interests, hobbies, and goals.
- Regular meetings and activities should be facilitated between mentors and teens to build trust.
4.Empowering Responsible Decision-Making:
- workshops and interactive sessions on the consequences of drunk driving should be provided, emphasizes on the potential impact on lives and futures should be laid bare
- An open discussion about peer pressure, alcohol consumption, and responsible decision-making within mentor-teen groups should be encouraged
- Groups should Develop engaging resources like videos, social media content, and gamified apps to reinforce the importance of making safe choices.
We’ve given you every detail you require to position yourself rightly for these scholarship, we discussed everything Wells Calls Scholarship is all about, we even talked about some of the actionable steps you can include in your Essay to enhance your chances.
If most of these steps are implemented, we can create a supportive environment for teens, we can empower them to make informed decisions and promote responsible behavior, of course this will ultimately lead to a significant reduction in drunk driving incidents among this vulnerable population. We wish you good luck.