We save the lives of children and their families. We enable people to provide for themselves, and we constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We are committed to building inclusive workplaces welcoming people from different backgrounds
We operate in the fragile and volatile settings of Nigeria. Where communities and governments struggle to absorb and mitigate economic, political, and environmental shocks and risks. And where a lot of citizens do not have access to even the most basic services, due to poverty or armed conflict.
We address these causes of fragility. We support local communities in creating food security, livelihood, offering WASH and education, assuring access to justice (protection), and promoting gender equality. We empower people economically, facilitate jobs, and foster inclusive economic growth.
Job Title: WASH Volunteer
The WASH Volunteer is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating water, sanitation, and hygiene programs and projects to improve public health, reduce the spread of diseases, and enhance overall living conditions in target communities.
- Develop comprehensive WASH program plans, including strategies, objectives, and budget proposals, in alignment with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Oversee the implementation of WASH projects, ensuring that they adhere to technical standards, timelines, and budget constraints.
- Provide technical expertise in water supply, sanitation facilities, and hygiene promotion, ensuring that interventions are safe, sustainable, and culturally appropriate.
- Work closely with communities and local partners to assess needs, raise awareness, and facilitate community participation in WASH initiatives.
- Train and build the capacity of local staff, community members, and partner organizations in WASH-related skills and knowledge.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans to track program progress, collect data, and assess the impact of WASH interventions.
- Prepare regular reports on program activities, achievements, challenges, and financial expenditures for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and guidelines related to WASH programs and projects.
- Collaborate with governmental agencies, organizations, and other stakeholders to coordinate and complement WASH efforts at the regional or national level.
- Be prepared to respond to WASH-related emergencies, such as natural disasters or disease outbreaks, by mobilizing resources and expertise.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Head of Programs
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineer, environmental health, or any other related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in WASH Sector
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package
- Applicant must have Strong technical knowledge in water supply, sanitation, and hygiene promotion, including familiarity with relevant technologies and best practices.
- Proficiency in project management, including budgeting, planning, and reporting.
- Applicant must be able to think strategically and develop long-term program plans.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and address program challenges.