As the leading advocacy group of all youth bodies working to end all forms of harmful traditional practices in Nigeria, the Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development is a movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, partnerships and program implementation. We also work on other sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, Governance and Environment.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
- Salary Range: ₦100,000 – ₦150,000/month
YNCSD aims to establish and encourage digital learning via the use of communication materials suited to the needs of an online audience. The aim is to meet the knowledge needs of our stakeholders by having better content and improved visibility through our communication channels. Across our portfolio of projects, the successful candidate will lead on communications and digital initiatives to effectively promote the brand and visibility of the work YNCSD does on SRHR and GBV. The successful candidate MUST be Pro-choice and a fierce feminist.
The Technical Assistant Communications and Advocacy will be expected to assist in delivering creative content in line with YNCSD’s and donor’s brand guideline and handle putting out content that would showcase the work of the organization. Also, s/he would provide technical assistance to the Snr Technical Officer in planning and executing communications and advocacy campaigns, projects and events.
Social Media Content Creation and Management
- Support the Snr Technical Officer with drafting bi-weekly content plans for social media
- Design visual creatives for social media
- Content creation for blog, social media and brainstorming campaign ideas
- Posting and monitoring approved posts
- Analyse monthly social media analytics to measure success of campaigns
- Plan and organize bespoke events
- Support in Creation of Organization’s Communications and Advocacy materials
- Support in creating content for organization’s communications materials such as IEC materials, banners, fliers, etc
- Liaise with team of consultants to refine the brand strategy of YNCSD and lead in the Brand Refresh process
- Support in Planning Communications and Advocacy Events and Projects
- Assist in planning and execution of other communications and advocacy activities
- Work with Programme Management Office to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met
- Work with the Snr Technical Officer to execute technical deliverables on project workplan Technical Assistance in production of Knowledge Products for the organization
- Support in script development for audio-visual content
- Working with production team in the production of video and audio content
- Creating draft content for knowledge products
- Creative mindset
- Experience working in media production
- Proficient knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook)
- Proficient in the use of design tools e.g Adobe InDesign, Canva and Photoshop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of and/ or previous experience in the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights space in Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in social media marketing
- Ability to work with a team
- Reporting to: Senior Technical Officer
- Full- Time: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday). Monday – Wednesday ONSITE
- Salary scale: 120,000 – 135,000 (PLUS pension contribution, Cost of living Allowance, comprehensive health coverage for employee and eligible dependents)
- Contract duration: 12 months subject to extension
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected]. using the position as subject of email.