WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Requisition ID 144341
Short Term-SC WFP – Africa, Western – Nigeria – Damaturu
Working Job Language (1) – SUPPLY CHAIN
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and at least one of the local language (Hausa or Kanuri).
These jobs are found in WFP warehouses. The job holders report to the Storekeeper.
To tally commodities and assist in stacking and physical inventory activities to maximise accuracy and efficiency of commodity management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Tally receipt/dispatch of commodities including transformation of commodities during internal milling operations, identify and report to the supervisor any anomalies, to support accurate and effective commodity management in the warehouse.
2. Implement and maintain accurate stacking and assist in conducting periodic physical inventory checks following the established guidelines and standards, to support compliance with internal control procedures and systems.
3. Prepare accurate tally reports including efficient preparation and distribution of tally sheets to relevant parties, to ensure consistent and prompt accountability for commodity movement from/to and storage in the warehouse.
4. Supervise the warehouse cleaning after loading/unloading and reconstitution exercises, to ensure WFP warehouse meets the established standards.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Demonstrates ability to carry out day to day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP’s operational warehouse procedures.
• Supervise warehouse laborers/ stackers by issuing appropriate instructions and guidelines during unloading/ loading operations at the warehouses.
• Physically / accurately, count all the units of commodities during unloading/ stacking operations in to the warehouse and during loading / stacking operations on the trucks out of the warehouse.
• Ensure all received commodities are properly stacked in the warehouse in order to ensure easy access and accounting (especially during spot and/ or periodic stock taking exercise).
• Assist assistant Storekeeper with issuing of the waybills for the commodities during dispatch/ loading operations and receiving/ checking waybills for commodities during receipt/ unloading operations.
• Keep track and audit warehouse records for all food and nonfood item(s); received and dispatched on daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis. Report any discrepancies or absurd findings to the storekeeper/ Logistics Assistant.
• Supervise the re-weighing/ re-bagging activities for the spilt Items in the warehouse.
• Supervise the stackers/ cleaners by ensuring the warehouses are cleaned properly and when necessary.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in conducting basic logistics activities (tallying).
- Experience in best practice warehouse management.
- Experience in commodity accounting.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
The selected candidate will be employed on a Service Contract with for a period of 12 months.
WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submission of applicaions is 9th August 2021.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.