Pro-Health International is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization based in Nigeria. Our Vision is to improve the health of Africa’s people. We do this by providing qualitative and quantitative health care and hope to the poor and less privileged in rural parts of Africa at little or no cost to the beneficiaries. The organization has also benefitted from awards from CDC and USAID. Currently, we are recipients of the Integrated Child Health Social Services Award, a USAID 5-year grant award. In our 28 years of existence, we have taken free medical care to the poor and less privilege, within and outside Nigeria,
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Specialist
|Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Strategic Information
- The Strategic Information Specialist holds the responsibility of supporting and supervising the Strategic Information (SI) efforts of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in the implementation and utilization of the ICHSSA 4 SI system.
- Additionally, the Specialist is tasked with maintaining and updating various databases utilized in the project, including the National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS), District Health Information System (DHIS) USG Instance, PEPFAR’s Data for Accountability, Transparency & Impact (DATIM), and others specific to Adamawa State.
- The role also encompasses providing support for all research activities conducted within the project.
- Support and oversee the SI work of the Civil Society Organizations (CSO) in the implementation and use of the ICHSSA 4 SI system.
- Oversee the training and mentoring of CSO staff in the ICHSSA 4 SI system including the National OVC toolsandNOMIS database
- Ensure CSO understand the information needs of project stakeholders and donors and adhere to system requirements.
- Work closely with the CSO SI Oofficers to ensure they understand the data requirements and data-gathering and report formats.
- Support CSO SI staff in their work with the community care workers (CCWs or equivalent) to ensure that sufficient training is done for CCWs, that the correct forms are used and that accurate reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Ensure that CSO using the NOMIS system and reports to PHI on a timely basis.
- Visit partners on a regular basis to provide mentoring.
- Conduct CSO data quality assessments in line with project guidance
- Ensure that CSOs participate in the data quality assessment, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations.
- Coordinate with civil society and government actors and that data and reports are shared as required by the SI system.
- Participate in the SI Working group to help ensure that the system is being implemented by all CSOs correctly.
- Attend relevant ICHSSA 4 management and technical meetings to ensure close coordination between program, management, and SI staff.
- Collaborate with ICHSSA 4 management and CSO in planning, designing and undertaking program evaluations and special studies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director Strategic Information
- Support the development/improvement of the NOMIS working with any external consultant or USAID IP
- Support the preparation of monthly, semi-annual, and annual and ad-hoc reports from CSOs donors with strict adherence to standards and timelines.
- Maintain an inventory of data collection and monitoring visits to partners on a regular basis to monitor M&E systems.
- Support the implementation of research initiatives.
- Develop project dashboards to show project performance.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to CSO M&E staff on the application and use of the available MIS to ensure that high standards of program implementation are always provided.
- Support the conduct of annual state level results reviews at the end of each fiscal year to inform the development of annual work plans.
- Support the process of developing a learning agenda that will be an integral part of the M&E system and allow regular identification of lessons learned and best practices.
- Support data demand and data use process within ICHSSA 4 project.
- Support the application of quality improvement science to improve program M&E at all levels.
- Work with Director, Strategic Information to submit reports required by USAID, PEPFAR and government of Nigeria in a timely manner.
- Work with the DSI to prepare ICHSSA for any internal and external evaluations/assessments and work with assigned evaluators to ensure successful completion of these evaluations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science with emphasis in Public Health, Statistics, Data Science, Health Informatics, or a development related field. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E, GIS data management and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in implementing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least two years with a NGOs.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the development and use of GIS, database systems, data visualization and other information management tools, systems, and procedures
- Experience in managing M&E databases including DHIS, APPR and NOMIS and DATIM
- Skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid program decision making, with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools, making recommendations based on findings.
- S/he will be able to portray complex data sets in easy-to-understand formats/visualizations.
- Ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience/knowledge of Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tools, such as Power Bi and Tableau
- Ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets.
- The ability to conduct or support research is an added advantage.
Supervision and Mentoring:
- Supervise ICHSSA 4 state Strategic Information Assistant on the project and provide overall performance management support for their work.
- Attend state technical meetings to ensure close coordination between program, management, and M&E staff.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV & a Cover Letter as one document to: [email protected]using the Job Title as the subject of the email.