The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting tp fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Job Requisition ID: R3485
Job type: Full-time
- Take responsibility for all Task Order 03 requirements for planning and reporting on state-level activities.
- Provides overall leadership and management of the PMI-S supported state malaria program including leading the development of an integrated malaria plan for the State.
- Lead operationalization of the PMI-S state malaria plan.
- Liaise and network with relevant malaria partners and stakeholders in the state to strengthen coordination, integration and resourcing of activities and promotion of a shared vision for malaria elimination in the state.
- Interacts and communicates on behalf of PMI-S to key stakeholders in the malaria partnership and government counterparts at state level
- Leads and provides oversight to quality assurance of state level implementation
- Contribute to establishment of a system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in collaboration with the Senior M&E Advisor that includes periodic analyses and review for evidence-based decision-making and program management.
- Take responsibility for management of the state malaria budget and all other resources under the direction of State Team Director
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep the Project Senior Management Team informed of state activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, or another related field.
- Seven (7+) years of related experience is required. Experience in international public health highly preferred.
- Demonstrated a minimum of five years progressive experience in public health and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff.
- Extensive knowledge of a highly technical field, as well as applicable laws, regulations, and general instructions. A highly qualified and recognized expert in the field.
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong technical leadership, health program and financial management background, ability to negotiate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in context of complex and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated management capacity in malaria programs with proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in multiple locations.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, supervisory in-service delivery and team-buildings skills; and,
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the terrain will be an added advantage.
- Experience with USAID/PMIS funded programs is preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online