MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policymakers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, nongovernmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Nasarawa
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- Take responsibility for all Task Order 04 requirements for planning and reporting on state-level activities.
- Provides overall leadership and management of the PMI-S supported state malaria program including leading the development of an integrated malaria plan for the State.
- Lead operationalization of the PMI-S state malaria plan.
- Liaise and network with relevant malaria partners and stakeholders in the state to strengthen coordination, integration and resourcing of activities and promotion of a shared vision for malaria elimination in the state.
- Interacts and communicates on behalf of PMI-S to key stakeholders in the malaria partnership and government counterparts at state level
- Leads and provides oversight to quality assurance of state level implementation
- Contribute to establishment of a system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in collaboration with the Senior M&E Advisor that includes periodic analyses and review for evidence-based decision-making and program management.
- Take responsibility for management of the state malaria budget and all other resources under the direction of State Team Director
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep the Project Senior Management Team informed of state activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as needed
- Master’s degree in Public Health, international development, or another related field.
- Seven (7+) years of related experience is required. Experience in international public health highly preferred.
- Demonstrated a minimum of five years progressive experience in public health and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff.
- Extensive knowledge of a highly technical field, as well as applicable laws, regulations, and general instructions. A highly qualified and recognized expert in the field.
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong technical leadership, health program and financial management background, ability to negotiate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in context of complex and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated management capacity in malaria programs with proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in multiple locations;
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, supervisory in service delivery and team-buildings skills; and,
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the terrain is an added advantage
- Experience with PMI/USAID funded program experience desirable
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health – MSH on msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply