FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. The FHI 360 humanitarian project supports the well-being of internally displaced families and host communities by ensuring access to quality services, including: primary health care, reproductive health and health outreach services, psychosocial support services and integrated gender-based violence and child protection support, clean and safe water, improved sanitation facilities and improved hygiene practices, management of activities to improve acute malnutrition and infant and young child feeding in emergencies for pregnant and lactating women and children under age 5. FHI 360 IHANN project wants to conduct a SMART survey with aims to determine the prevalence of acute malnutrition among the population in the survey area to allow comparison to prior year surveys. Therefore, the FHI 360 is seeking suitable candidates to occupy the position of SMART survey data enumerators in the following four field locations: Bama town, Banki, Damasak and Ngala.
Contract Type :- Consultancy
Duration:- 16 working days
Roles and Responsibilities of SMART Survey data collectors
- Participate in SMART survey data collector training
- Accurately collect and record primary data at household level through administration of questionnaires
- Conduct Key Informant Interview and Focus Group Discussion as needed
- Ensure information provided by respondents is handled in a dignified, ethical and confidential manner
- Conduct anthropometric measurements at stage two and stage three of the SMART Survey
- Responsible for estimating age of children from 6-59 months by using vaccination cards/local evet colanders
- Take care of the equipment given for the purpose of the survey
- Give regular feedback on progress, and challenges to the supervisors and the Consultant
- Actively participate in the evening discussion after data collection on the same day
- Apply strict COVID-19 IPC protection measures to protect him/herself and others during data collection • Other responsibilities given as required by the supervisor
- Minimum of Diploma, HND or Bachelor degree (B. Sc., B. A.)
- Previous experiences working with INGO, NGO, or UN agencies on community-based data collection.
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Experience in the use of Kobo Collect/ODK for mobile data collection.
- Good in written and spoken English, Kanuri, Shuwa, Fulfulde, Hausa languages are added advantage.
- Well respected, strong interpersonal skills, and have good understanding of the context.
- Familiarity with and willingness to work in the data collection locations (Banki, Bama, Ngala and Damasak)
Vacancy closes on 18/10/2021. All CV/resume should be submitted in person to security at FHI 360 Office Ngala Maiduguri office in a sealed envelope.
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: FHI 360 is an equal employer irrespective of race, gender, religion, and ethnicity. FHI360 does not charge candidates a fee for test or interview.