Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change (SBC). Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare , NGO/Non-Profit , Project Management
The Senior Program Officer I – TB will work with the Deputy Project Director – Malaria and TB and serve as the technical lead for TB SBCC. He will work to support the unit in articulating strategies and planning activities including capacity building of relevant stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
The SPO will provide technical assistance to the project in Tuberculosis social and behavior change communication (SBCC) capacity strengthening, planning, monitoring, and evaluating health providers behavior change, community mobilization, and mass media strategies and advocacy. The SPO will also assist in developing annual TB SBCC work plan for the project and assists in its implementation, monitoring, including report writing.
Specifically, the SPO will;
- Support the DPD – Malaria and TB in developing strategies for TB SBC interventions in Nigeria in response to current and emerging issues in TB Control in Nigeria.
- Collaboratively develop draft annual work plan and quarterly reports for the TB unit.
- Provide technical support to the government colleagues in the ACSM unit of the NTBLCP including other relevant units such as Childhood TB,
- Articulate advocacy issues and conduct necessary advocacy visits as necessary to relevant stakeholders and ensure harmonious working relationship with the NTBLCP and partners.
- Support the DPD in providing technical backstop support to implementing states and support coordinating team meeting at CO level including biweekly state coordination meetings.
- Work closely with the project’s media team to strategize and review all tuberculosis-related mass media materials including periodic review of media activities to align with donor priorities.
- Work closely with the TB team and SBC Advisor to design, pre-test and finalize drafts of TB SBCC materials in collaboration with NTBLCP and other relevant partners.
- Regularly review states reports and articulate success stories and lessons learned for documentation purposes including abstracts or scientific articles.
- Review TB SBCC technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, plans, strategy documents, job aids)
- Work with representatives of NTBLCP, STBLCP, partners, and other stakeholders to share best practices in TB SBCC
- Provide technical support in planning, implementing, and coordinating capacity building activities for TB SBC among health care providers in collaboration with the PBC Advisor
- Support the DPD, TB in providing technical support to the national TB hotline including regular review of report and development of work plans
- Represent BA-N at external meetings where applicable including active participation in USAID bi-weekly partners’ meetings.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the DPD and Project Director
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in communications, Social Sciences, Health Education, or other related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in SBCC, and at least 5 years must be working experience in TB and/or SBC.
- Experience in developing SBCC tools and materials.
Other specific knowledge requirements:
- General knowledge of SBCC and its practical application to programs
- Familiarity with the Nigeria National Tuberculosis Strategic Plan (NMSP 2019-2025) and National Tuberculosis Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization Guidelines 2019.
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.