Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Responsible Behaviour Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports to: Head of Mission
Report to (functional) : Head of Mission
Job Family: Operations
Number of Places: 01
Place of Assignment: Abuja – with regular travel to borno, zamfara and any other project location as need be.
Work Hours: 48 Hours Per Week
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Expected Start Date: July 01, 2021
- In collaboration with line manager, contribute to the abuse prevention and ethics within the mission through awareness sessions and identification of the main obstacles preventing abuses in the mission, according to MSF policies and value in order to promote responsible behaviour within the mission.
- Participate in the compiling and updating of the Country Risk Analysis regularly from a humanitarian affairs perspective.
- Support the implementation of protection and advocacy activities in MSF OCBA Nigeria project locations, including emergency assessment and response.
- Analyze existing sensitiveness, knowledge, barriers and awareness in relation to Responsible Behavior in the mission and adapt awareness sessions to the context.
- Sensitize patients, caretakers, MoH and MSF Staff regarding behavior and abuse prevention; propose strategic changes when needed.
- Raise awareness at field level with all field staff (MSF and MoH staff) about Abuse Prevention
- Produce monthly report including assessment of the context related to barriers, weaknesses and strengths of the mission
- Develop sexual harassment prevention sessions with MSF staff.
- Support the Behavioral Unit in disseminating prevention tools in the Mission / Projects
- Train some MSF staff, in collaboration and under the HRCo and the MIO Abuse Prevention supervisions, to act as behavioral advocates in the mission that can and should lead awareness sessions afterwards (through a Training of Trainers – TOT).
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Law, Education
- 3 years on the job experience in social work /rights-based organizations, women organizations. Social process facilitation is an asset.
- Proficiency in English language. Hausa language desirable
- Able to organize and facilitate workshops. Preferably, women with experience working with community-based women organizations.
As per the MSF salary scale (national contract).
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.