JHPIEGO, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health. JHPIEGO we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellence; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation, and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility, and dedication.
Title: Project Driver
Reports To: Logistics Assistant/State Admin and Finance Officer
The Project Driver will work closely with Logistics Assistant and State Admin and Finance Officer both at the Country Office and State office respectively to ensure that vehicles are properly used and used in line with JHPIEGO’s Fleet Policy. He will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of JHPIEGO staff, assets and other goods.
Vehicle Fleet Management.
- Coordinate with Country Office Logistics Assistant and State Office Admin and make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the JHPIEGO’s vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that vehicle requests are well attended to.
- Receives all request for transportation for trips.
- Coordinate with Logistics Assistant/State Admin and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Coordinate with Logistics Assistance and State Admin Officer to ensure Maintenance of a folder of Vehicle Log Books for audit purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring that JHPIEGO vehicles are clean at all times
- Responsible for using all vehicle management tools like, log sheet, vehicle checklist to monitor the usage, behavior and maintenance of vehicle.
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in JHPIEGO vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all internal vehicle request forms
Vehicle Fleet maintenance /Repairs
- Be involved in the proper diagnosis of vehicle faults and recommend repairs.
- Responsible for ensuring that procurement procedures /documentation are completed before vehicles are released for repairs by workshops
- Constantly Monitor and provide feedback on the quality of service of outside garages used by JHPIEGO
- Drive JHPIEGO vehicles when requested
- Relevant Diploma, SSCE, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 3years experience working in a similar position in the INGO sector
Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Defensive Driving experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good negotiation skills
- Proficiency in use of computer and vehicle software
- Ability to travel at least 25% of work time.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified consultants should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title and location e.g.,“ Project Driver, Nasarawa “ as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Thursday 21st October, 2021
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org