Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant I – Media Compliance and Monitoring
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The program assistant will work with the media planning, buying and monitoring unit to develop monitoring processes on a state-to-state basis, facilitate hiring and training of media monitors and manage compliance review and payments.
- Also, the program assistant would be involved is some media buying activities across all BA-N states such as negotiations and contracting process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in managing relationship with Media Monitoring Agencies and Independent monitors to ensure strict broadcast compliance of BA Nigeria’s media products
- Maintaining weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in all BA states.
- Updating all monitoring information/feedback and recording for future reference
- Maintaining regular and ongoing communications with media and non-media partners, keeping them up to date on relevant broadcast developments and reflecting their feedback back to organization for consideration on media plans
- Working with the team to negotiate for transmission/broadcast time for all BA’s programmes.
- Coordinate media monitors capacity building on utilization of forms and other monitoring tools; ensuring the required documents are filled up to standard
- Work with the state M&E and SBCOs to manage media monitors effectively and record compliances.
- Ensuring independent monitors are paid promptly and correctly
- Identify needs and learnings and applying those learnings in the improvement of our media strategy
- Participate in deployment process for radio and TV stations and monitoring agencies.
- Participate in capacity building of partner stations.
- Keeping good records of all BA’s media contents and their broadcast status.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Requirements, Education and / or Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years’ experience of working with the Media, Production and Public Relations agency.
- Proven organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and be well versed in the use of the computer especially Microsoft excel.
- Good knowledge of the Nigeria Media Landscape
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make sound judgment while maintaining a team players spirit.
- Ability to multitask and deliver promptly.
- Strong understanding of the role of communications in development organization.
- Mentoring, training, and developing staff.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and at least one other Nigerian language
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work effectively with a diverse range of people
- Media Buying or Monitoring Agency background would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send PDF copies of their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Program Assistant I – Media Compliance and Monitoring – Abuja” as the subject of the email.