iMMAP is an international non-governmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PLRCAP Project Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
Status: National Employee
- PLRCAP “Promoting Local Response Capacities and Partnerships” is an initiative of the INGO Forum Nigeria (NIF), a hosted project of iMMAP.
- The initiative brings on board capacity strengthening experts sourced internationally and from the Nigerian private, development and humanitarian sectors to create and roll out a nine month integrated training and mentorship program focused on institutional strengthening.
- Key priority areas include: strategic planning, governance and leadership, resource mobilization, human resource and finance management, communications and monitoring and evaluation.
- PLRCAP also works to strengthen the localization evidence base of Nigeria through research and learning, including the commissioning of a sustainability review of Nigerian local and national NGOs and the creation of a resource site for NGO capacity strengthening.
- NIF is an interagency network of international NGOs, established in 2014 to facilitate the coordination and cooperation of humanitarian aid and development between INGOs and among INGOs and external stakeholders including the Government of Nigeria, Nigerian civil society, UN agencies, diplomatic actors, and donors.
Description of Duties
- Ensure the highest quality standards and products in all services delivered by PLRCAP to its partners
- Develop and supervise project work plans
- Ensure the line management of the project team
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the program
- Oversee the drafting of programmatic and financial reporting as per reporting commitments and contractual requirements
- Manage all project procurement and contracts with experts and vendors
- Oversee the overall design of the program ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventive and corrective actions are taken
- Develop an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the country’s context and strategy
- Plan the mobilisation of resources for the implementation of program activities
- Support programme implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluations systems, field visits to verify date, reporting and close-out.
- Support in the development, implementation and monitoring of the training and mentoring program, onboarding and ensuring the necessary support to participants, experts, mentors and partners.
- Ensure the development of a comprehensive capacity strengthening resource site.
- Monitor spending as per project budgets
- Provide regular project updates to NIF, IMMAP and key project stakeholders
- Oversee the effective external communication and visibility efforts of the project
- Represent the project with key stakeholders
- Assist in identification of potential donors and keep up to date their localisation and capacity-strengthening interests
- Assist in the identification new growth areas of the PLRCAP initiative
- An advanced University Degree or equivalent experience in the fields of Education and Information Management;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience and a background in non-profit, internationally-focused organisations;
- Experience in humanitarian, crisis recovery and resilience aspects is highly desirable;
- An appreciation of considerations in designing training content focused on the needs of adult learners;
- Progressively responsible experience in designing needs assessments, data management, mapping and visualization, coaching and training.
- Experience in working with non-governmental organizations or small and medium enterprises, strongly desirable
- Previous experience in project development, monitoring and evaluation and reporting, desirable
- Understanding of the UN cluster/sector system and how it operates.
- computer literacy
- Fluency in spoken and written english
- Ability to travel in Nigeria
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailor’s language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Decision Making: demonstrated ability to apply good judgement and decision-making skills; takes initiative and shows flexibility.
- Creativity and innovation. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to handle a wide range of management and coordination issues
- Teamwork: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Planning & Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Organizing and quality orientation: ability to plan and manage work, juggle competing demands and work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them with appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client;
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology;
- Representation: Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP in various fora. Maintain effective and positive contacts with the national and local government officials, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and donor agency officials, when required.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.