Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno or Yola, Adamawa State.
Category: Program Management
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Creative Associates International to implement the Northeast ConNEction activity to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict. By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria.
- In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats. In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for project-wide operations, ensuring compliance and effective operational support, including managing program facilities, assets, procurement, and logistics.
- S/he provides both direct and remote supervision to Procurement and Logistics Officers who conduct market surveys, identify vendors, procure cost-effective goods and services, and facilitate movement of goods to grantees and activity sites.
- S/he also supervises drivers and an IT Officer responsible for maintaining connectivity, information security, and equipment.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Northeast Nigeria;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serves as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manages and oversees staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provides timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with Task Order, USG rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Supports COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manages, trains, and mentors key Nigeria team members in the areas of administration, logistics, procurement,; and
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
- At least five years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program.
- At least four years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries.
- Familiarity with or have experience in community participation-type projects as well as those that are political in focus.
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment.
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments.
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the Northeastern part of Nigeria.
- Strong analytical capacity.
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.
- Must be willing and able to work in Maiduguri or Yola, Nigeria.
- Must have existing work authorization for Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The exact location of this position is to be confirmed but may be based in Maiduguri or Yola. Candidates must be willing and able to live in either location.