Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant II
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Office Assistant II will work with other members of the administrative team to provide administrative, clerical, operational support services across the project.
- The incumbent will assist with effective coordination of the day-to-day affairs of the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall task described above, specific duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the various units/ teams at the country office, including scanning, photocopying, filing, assisting with documentation of staff, managing IT equipment as required.
- Work with front desk officer to sort and distribute official mails and correspondence both internally and externally.
- Receive project materials, assist with stock taking, storage and distribution within the country office and to other locations.
- Assist to supervise cleaners, office repair and maintenance workers while working in BA-N premises.
- Serve as backstop for the office receptionist.
- Assist with booking of meeting rooms and ensuring audio visual equipment are in good condition.
- Responsible for booking of conference hall and meeting rooms for meetings; work with receptionist to coordinate caterers to ensure food is served as requested and approved.
- Provide logistic and secretarial support during meetings, workshops and conferences, responsible for hall setup and assist with organizing workshop materials, printing attendances and agenda during meetings.
- Assist with obtaining quotes and small purchases within petty cash and under micro purchase level.
- Assist with asset and inventory management and general office maintenance.
- Assist with receipt, counting and verification of project materials, ensure proper documentation is obtained and materials logged appropriately.
- Supports admin, finance, IT, HR and program teams as needed.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- OND or HND in a relevant field (Administration, Social Science, Humanities, other).
- Experience on USAID funded projects programs in Nigeria and or Health projects is an advantage.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Basic IT and Computer skills, ability to work with MS Office Word and Excel and email.
- Must have good customer service skills and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on-the-job stress.
- Must be focused, detailed, and be creative in making decisions.
- Must be fluent in English.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.