CARE BEST INITIATIVE (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women and other vulnerable people; and to maintain human dignity during and in the after math of man–made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situation; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender sensitive and socially inclusive. This recruitment exercise is one of the activities designed to facilitate the achievement of Care Best Initiative (CBI)’s objectives in Yobe State, Nigeria.
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant is responsible for monitoring operations of projects’ activities implementation and support program management and accountability functions.
- He/she contributes toward the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of the Design, Monitoring, & Evaluation (DME) unit as well as overall programming process.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the activities/project success
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results
- Supervise all M&E casual workers (Enumerators and Data Entry clerks)
- Conduct training for casual workers on data collection methodologies
- Provide supervision for quantitative data collection activities.
- Conduct data quality checks in the field and ensure accuracy and completeness of survey questionnaires.
- Provide supervision for data entry of quantitative data, clean data and conduct data analysis.
- Compile data from surveys using relevant and appropriate computer packages.
- Ensure that hard copies and soft copies of data collected is kept at activity/project sites
- Prepare informative field reports, identify shortcomings and make relevant recommendations on a regular basis
- Assist in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that strategies are implemented according to plan
- Provide feedback to the State Coordinator on project strategies and activities;
- Report monthly, quarterly and half-yearly on all project activities to the State Coordinator.
- Participate in regular project reviews and planning workshops and assist program officers in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of activities/projects;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Assist project manager/officer in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from activities/project innovations
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. or HND in related Development Studies, Social Sciences, etc., with at least a Minimum of 0 – 2 years’ working experience in similar role
- Demonstrate excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Have a high level of computer literacy.
- Have advanced quantitative skills, including knowledge of statistical programs.
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Have an ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines required; flexibility to changing situations and priorities desired.
- Demonstrate an understanding of international development issues.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click https://forms.gle/4zGy8uDNERcdbXqA9 to apply.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.