Learning through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) is a youth-led, women-focused non-profit organization established in June 2015.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: Media / Advertising / Branding , NGO/Non-Profit
(FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ADVISED TO APPLY)
POSITION CODE: LTS/CBM/BOR/23/MCO
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Contribute immensely towards media, digital and communication as part of advocacy development in all programs.
- Agrees on media and communication as part of advocacy issues and together with the relevant program staff identifies advocacy and communication issues related to LETSAI’s work in Nigeria.
- Support Program Officers in building Networks to carry out advocacy on livelihoods, Market Access and Right issues in Nigeria.
- Design and produce training and educational materials on media and communication for marketing the LETSAI program, and its campaign
- Develops work plans, individual development plans, and regular reports to the Manager
- Support program partners in media and communications related capacity building and ensuring that this is integrated within programs
- Supports in identifying potential new strategic media partners for LETSAI in Nigeria and develop strategies for working with them.
- Have responsibility for the monitoring and supervision of media as part of advocacy related partner activities and plans in Nigeria by ensuring that these are in line with LETSAI strategy in Nigeria
- Document and publish LETSAI’s learning in Nigeria by contributing articles briefing notes, media publications and case studies for LETSAI’s campaigns.
- Support LETSAI Nigeria staff and partners in getting relevant messages across to target audiences within and outside the organization on major activities.
- Bulletin in West Africa, our bi-monthly site reps, and other relevant publications.
- Maintain contact with key civil servants, ministries and parliamentarians (Trade, Land, Education, etc) for information and feed these into LETSAI’s national media and advocacy work
- Frequently update our LETSAI in Nigeria social media outlets (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and ensure we disseminate information about our program on a weekly basis
- Develop and sustain relationship with the media and the civil society groups in Nigeria to feed into LETSAI’s advocacy work.
- Ensure adequate media coverage for all program activities, functions and press releases/press statements
- Liaise with active allies to identify and help them to use rare opportunities to drive LETSAI’s corporate advocacy issues in various media outlets in Nigeria
- Eager and required to adhere to LETSAI’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights.
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in social science, Communication Studies, Development Studies or any other related field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years spent in a similar role is essential
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrable skills and experience in direct and indirect lobbying/ advocacy and campaigning work in this field highly desirable
- Demonstrable broad grasp and understanding of policy issues and policy environment in Nigeria regarding Livelihoods (Market Access, Trade, and Right To Be Heard) and Gender.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in effective media relations
- A demonstrable understanding of NGO media/advocacy work in the context of development
- Experience in capacity building and/or training skills is highly advantageous
- Demonstrable and proven strong conceptual, research, analytical and writing skills
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues as it relates to all media work and commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility.
- Experience of working with Civil Society/ Media Network partners.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple language
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, think strategically as well as work within a team
- Creative thinking, developing, designing, or creating new ideas, relationships, systems, or products
- High level interpersonal and diplomatic skills along with awareness of political sensitivities in different settings of Nigeria
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Familiar with the latest trends, tactics and technologies in digital influencing and can link online with offline media.
- Some graphic design skills and ability to develop simple infographics is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to LETSAI’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with LETSAI are as safe as possible.
- Excellent Spoken and written fluency in English and Hausa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.