We save the lives of children and their families. We enable people to provide for themselves, and we constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We are committed to building inclusive workplaces welcoming people from different backgrounds we operate in the fragile and volatile settings of Nigeria. Where communities and governments struggle to absorb and mitigate economic, political, and environmental shocks and risks. And where a lot of citizens do not have access to even the most basic services, due to poverty or armed conflict.
We address these causes of fragility. We support local communities in creating food security, livelihood, offering WASH and education, assuring access to justice (protection), and promoting gender equality. We empower people economically, facilitate jobs, and foster inclusive economic growth.
Job Title: M&E Volunteer
The M&E volunteer will play a crucial role in assisting our organization in collecting, analyzing, and reporting data related to our programs and projects. This position is designed for individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact and are eager to gain hands-on experience in monitoring and evaluation within the nonprofit sector.
- Assist in the collection of quantitative and qualitative data through surveys, interviews, focus group discussions, and other relevant methods.
- Accurately input and maintain data in our M&E database systems, ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Collaborate with the M&E team to analyze data and generate reports that provide insights into program effectiveness and impact.
- Assist in the preparation of M&E reports and findings for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support capacity-building activities, such as training sessions for project staff on M&E principles and data collection techniques.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of data collection tools, methodologies, and processes.
- Participate in field visits to monitor and assess project activities and gather relevant data.
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, statistics, economics, or any related discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in M&E, with a strong understanding of M&E best practices.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other data analysis tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Prior experience in M&E is a plus but not required.