The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Technical Assistant
Job Identification Number: 6234
Job Scedule: Full Time
Job Category: Logistics
Reporting line: Logistics Coordinator
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Logistics Technical Assistant to join our Logistics team in Abuja. You will be responsible for specific procurement tasks, storage management, vehicle and generator management, and assets at the NRC Nigeria Abuja Office.
- To be successful in this role you will be a confident communicator with excellent relationship building skills, capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels while supporting new initiatives across the country.
- If you are highly organized individual, comfortable with working in an emergency environment and have previous experience of supply chain management, we would love to hear from you!
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Ensure the NRC fleet is utilized and optimized accordingly.
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure all drivers fill out the movement logbook and that logbook is signed by the passengers.
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, and dispatch of all stock at the Abuja Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for same.
- Ensure that assets are tagged before being dispatched to the field.
- To also ensure asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer with Procurement – collecting quotes, and generating procurement documents as may be required.
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident reports, etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep a log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
We Are Looking For
- Experience in working with transport and vehicle management in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience with inventory and asset management.
- Experience with computers – Microsoft Word and Excel plus email
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English.
Application Closing Date
10:39 AM: 22nd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility
- This position is open to National candidates only. We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. For further details, you can view a copy of This position is open to National candidates only. We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.