UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development. UNDP continues to support, the government in the preparation of the second National Implementation Plan of the National Vision 20:2020. UNDP works in partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria, development partners, UN agencies, civil society and local communities to help identify local solutions to meet national development challenges through a range of interventions that combine UNDP’s expertise and comparative advantage in the areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Logistics , NGO/Non-Profit
The Logistic Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and Projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
The Logistics Assistant is needed to ensure efficient delivery of services to UNDP CO and other high-ranking UN Officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, high sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementation of operational strategies.
- Provides efficient logistic support.
- Assist in efficient liaison support to CO.
- Assist in efficient document management service.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with LIN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Ensures efficient Logistics support , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordination of transportation services, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption* update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, loss or theft of items.
- Provides logistical support to incoming missions, medical evacuations, and to conferences/workshops and seminars;
- Interacts with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Main Department -for Immigration Service & Nationality Affairs, Airports Authority and other national authorities to obtain various clearances and authorizations.
- Works in close coordination with all Units within Operations, Programme, Projects and other UN agencies to ensure smooth flow of events.
Assists in the efficient liaison support to the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in overseeing all protocol issues with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA);
- Liaises and follows up with diplomatic and consular services on issuance of visa;
- Arranges for the processing of residence permits and certifying of Driving Licenses for International Staff and their dependents.
- Assists in the prompt clearance of UNDP consignments and shipments of personal effects of UN personnel;
- Liaises and follows up with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Main Department for Immigration & Nationality Affairs on all new policy circulars or revisions on privileges and immunities;
- Liaises with Airport Authority to secure appropriate protocol services;
- Follows up on the registration of motor vehicles of UNDP as well as privately owned motor vehicles of UN International Staff.
Assist in efficient document management service focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Drafts correspondence on protocol matters and guides CO and other resident and non-resident agencies on appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines when communicating with government and other external partners;
- Conducts briefing for staff on their diplomatic privileges and immunities in Nigeria;
- Guides staff on completing relevant host country applications, governing privileges and immunities;
- Tracks the expiry dates of documents and visas;
- Actively undertakes cost recovery and ensures timely settlement of accounts by clients and projects for services provided.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in the training of staff on administrative procedures of UNDP
- Briefing/Debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 5 years of relevant experience in Logistics Administration.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems,
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Local language of the duty station