Launched in 2016, the four-year USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supply of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families. In Nigeria, GHSC-PSM procures commodities and technically assists improve HIV/AIDS, malaria, maternal and child health, and family planning supply chains. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and USAID’s program for Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths. Besides GHSC-PSM, the Nigeria implementing team also supports an agreement with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria to bolster public health supply chains by providing warehousing and distribution services for HIV and malaria commodities. This position will support implementation of the LKM&SC Strategy and reports to the Director LKM&SC.
Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, provides long- and short-term professional labor to support strategic engagement, advocacy, and knowledge management and communications (KMC) activities through strategic planning, implementation, and capacity building for the Nigeria country office.
The Learning and Knowledge Visualization Specialist will tell visually engaging stories with project knowledge including results, data, lessons, and information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop intuitive and attractive static and interactive data visualizations using routine program monitoring data for websites, annual and quarterly reports, presentations to donors and other stakeholders
- Interpret and produce unique data visualizations for a variety of implementation research products, including reports, briefs, presentations and peer-reviewed journal articles
- Distill quantitative and qualitative data to communicate compelling stories to diverse audience
- Build infographic to simplify and make complex information and knowledge, easy to understand and visually compelling
- Use data visualization strategies, techniques, and tools to communicate complex ideas, turning complex information into artwork to intrigue the target audience
- Support the development of concepts, graphics, and illustrations for project documentaries
- Proactively envisage, develop, and implement graphics and data visualization concepts, including plans and budgets
- Participate in recruitment processes for visualization consultants; supervise all visualization outputs, ensuring compliance to industry standards, USAID branding requirements, and for quality assurance
- Update the project knowledge base with all visualization outputs, ensuring appropriate labeling and cataloguing according to best practices
- Transit Learning and Knowledge Management skills to project staff and key personnel of Logistics Management Information Units through periodic brown bags, mentorship and other innovative skills building approaches
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in data analytics, computer and information sciences, or graphic design
- Visualization, media arts and sciences, or equivalent with 3-6 years of experience
- Knowledge of graphics and visualization tools such as Adobe CS 5 Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Flash, Tableau.
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information and/or large data sets and translate them for graphic or interactive visualizations for the web and/or other media
- Experience in developing different types of visualization products
- Ability to collaborate with multiple diverse groups across teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills – strong oral, written communication, and presentations skills as evidenced by publications or cover letter
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- The Learning and Knowledge Visualization Specialist will report directly to the Director LKM&SC or her designee.
This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.