PYXERA Global, a nonprofit organization based in Nigeria and Washington, D.C., is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Income Generation Project Assistant. The position is full-time and community-based. This position will work with the Rayuwa project team to implement an integrated community development program with a focus on enhancing the capacities of rural households particularly women in the project area to diversify and generate incomes. The Rayuwa project is funded by the John Deere Foundation and is located within the Enterprise and Community Development division of PYXERA Global.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Income Generation Project Assistant
Locations: Zaria Kaduna and Kafur – Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
Division: Enterprise and Community Development
Reports To: Community Mobilization and Outreach Officer, Rayuwa Nigeria Project
- The Rayuwa project involves collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context. The Project Assistant is expected to support the project team to implement Rayuwa’s access to finance and income generation program activities.
- The ideal candidate will have a relevant educational background and experience in integrated development programs with a focus on household income generation and the formation and management of rural savings and loans associations.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong communication and report writing skills. As part of the Rayuwa Nigeria team, the successful candidate will exemplify the Rayuwa values of teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Income Generation Project Assistant will work with relevant Project team members and report directly to the Community Mobilization and Outreach Officer (CMOO), Rayuwa Nigeria Project. The position will have the following responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with other PYXERA Global staff/Officers as delegated or directed by the Community Mobilization and Outreach Officer in the delivery of tasks
- Conduct outreach activities in new and existing project communities with the goal of familiarizing them with the Rayuwa project and disseminating information on specific activities linked to the Rayuwa project’s objectives
- Support members of the Rayuwa project communities to identify economic opportunities for diversified incomes
- Support and monitor the activities of community’s members engaged in household income-generation activities
- Support the formation and management of village savings and loans associations
- Conduct rigorous and continuous data collection on required data points, and provide final data to the CMOO and M&E team
- Communicate any challenges observed in a timely manner pertaining to program activities and outreach, to the CMOO
- Participate in training and activities organized by PYXERA Global and its partners in support of the provision of services to the benefit of the Rayuwa project, as requested
- Support relevant community volunteers in the delivery of project activities
- Exhibit and stay committed to the Rayuwa Values of honesty, transparency, integrity, humility, freedom to innovate, equality, keep a “light” attitude, quality, teamwork, focus on the goals, accountability to all partners, and monitoring to learn and improve.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Education Officer, and or the project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Food Science, and Technology, Rural / Community Development, Sustainable Development, Project Management, or related field of study.
- A minimum of one-year post-graduation and NYSC work experience implementing relevant rural development programs in farming communities, particularly in northern regions of Nigeria.
- Strong familiarity with rural farming communities, rural finance and savings and loans associations, and programs preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills, familiarity with training-of-trainer (ToT) approaches and methodologies, and competencies in the use of tailor-made and diversified facilitation/training methods and tools.
- Experience organizing community and/or youth outreach and support programs.
- Very good presentation and writing skills.
- Very good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of computer and internet operations.
- Fluency in the English language is required.
- Proficiency in the Hausa language is strongly preferred.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Nigerian national required.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume, Cover Letter, expected compensation package, and list of three professional references to:ECDOps@pyxeraglobal.orgusing “Income Generation Project Assistant, Rayuwa” as the subject of your email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.