Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all. Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is building on over a hundred-year legacy of Heartland Alliance International (HAI); the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years to provide high quality and stigma-free services for all using a tailored human rights-based approach.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Edo
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Provide technical support to HAN, KAP Local implementing Partners and civil society on Human Rights and requirements in promoting access to healthcare services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify address legal barriers impeding access of health services by target population.
- Play the lead role in HIV/AIDS Practice for KAP designing strategies for responding to the human rights dimension of the HIV epidemic and KAP.
- Design and implement training programmes on right base approaches of Health and HIV service provision for various target groups.
- Provide legal representations, other human rights intervention, and conflict resolutions mechanism for KPs and communities.
- Identifying human rights violations of KAP, gathering information and facts, interviewing those violated and the violators where appropriate and develop plan of action to prevent future occurrences.
- Undertake human rights research and analysis and preparation of reports as required.
- Aid in drafting statements and other related documents.
- Prepare human rights education materials to raise awareness of human rights and participate in Awareness raising activities.
- Draft programme activity summaries and assist in coordination and finalization of reports and other documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Degree in Law
- At least three years’ experience in public health advocacy to increase access to health vulnerable populations.
- Knowledgeable about HIV service provision within the global, national, state, and local context
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Able to provide leadership as well as work in a team environment.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and involvement is critical.
- Ability to plan, organize, track, and successfully conclude special projects and events.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are of the utmost importance.
- A professional demeanor and composure in a fast-paced, demanding environment is essential. Must work independently; set priorities, recognize urgency, work effectively and efficiently and exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Computer Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
Method of Application
Eligible candidates are requested to send an application letter and Resume as one PDF document to [email protected] indicating the position title in the subject line