CARE BEST INITIATIVE (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women and other vulnerable people; and to maintain human dignity during and in the after math of man–made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situation; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender sensitive and socially inclusive. This recruitment exercise is one of the activities designed to facilitate the achievement of Care Best Initiative (CBI)’s objectives in Yobe State, Nigeria.
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
The HR Assistant will assist the HR officer recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. S/he will also be responsible for administrative tasks and contribute to making Care Best Initiative (CBI) a better place to work.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR positions
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click https://forms.gle/4zGy8uDNERcdbXqA9 to apply.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.