Learning Through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) is a non-for-profit, non-governmental and charity organization was established in June 2015. With the mission to offer literacy and social awareness, self-reliance and self-supported Community, community health and wealth liberation, Leadership development, Relief and Rehabilitation, Empowering women and encouraging gender equality. With the vision to create a new world where there is no caste, creed, race, patriarchy, Religion discrimination but only humanitarian ship and equality between genders. The Organization particularly targets vulnerable adolescent girls and boys, adult men and women, children and Geriatrics in other words the most vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin / Logistics Officer
Job Code: LTS/UNI/BO/21/HAL
Location: DIkwa, Borno
Project Duration: 3 Months
Project Donor: UNICEF
- The “Increasing Access to Comprehensive and Gender-Responsive Services for Children and Survivors of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in Dikwa Local Government Area of Borno State” (ACCESS- G), the project is funded by UNICEF under the Small Scale Funding Agreement (SSFA) which will be for duration of three (3) months.
- The HR/Admin/Logistics officer will provide human resource management and logistics support for the entire period of the project and more.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Take care of locally purchased items and project materials from customs, process labor office clearances, procure local and international purchases, track assets, contact insurance companies regarding insurance for office assets, renew vehicles’ licenses, arrange for vehicle maintenance, and monitor vehicle use.
- Organize and arrange meetings with different government representatives, other NGO representatives, and needed contacts for the organization, and other program members.
- Serve as a direct point of contact for staff and participants concerning meeting specifications, requirements, preferences, registration, confirmations, cancellations, schedules, and cost summaries.
- Manage all the facilities for conducting conference, meetings by providing the necessary equipment.
- Support logistics for all project activities.
- Supports and assist with all stages of the project activities, follow-up, coordination, obtain entry and exit visas for traveling visitors and employees, obtain work permits for international staff.
- Arrange and facilitate for visitors’ transportation, their arrival and visas.
- Provide advice on destinations, accommodation, car rental programs and flights.
- Confirm bookings and notify staff of travel documents, luggage, insurance, medical insurance, visas, and currency requirements.
- Attend relevant logistics meetings and report back.
- Ensure timely reporting and reconciliation of credit card and prepaid travel accounts.
- Oversee customer based queues and plan and allocate tasks to meet configuration requirements
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered.
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored.
- Provide a list of all office equipment either in store or office with proper number tagging and coding.
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid supply
- Manage the repair of equipment.
- Responsible for supervising and accounting for an inventory.
- Carry out annual property inventory and provide other report in his area of responsibility.
- Greeting and directing visitors, answering phone inquiries and handling complaints in a courteous, professional manner.
- Ensuring office supplies are maintained, including checking inventory and working with vendors to ensure adequate levels of necessary supplies at all times.
- Occasionally traveling off-site to deliver reports or files to other departments.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of files and filing systems
- Coordinating schedules, arranging meetings, distributing memos and reports and ensuring that everyone is kept current of necessary company news and information.
- Operating copy equipment, fax machines, printers or other equipment necessary.
- Carry out packing, crating, and warehousing, and storage duties in preparation for site-specific program and shipment.
- Maintaining physical and digital personnel records like employment contracts and PTO requests.
- Update internal databases with new hire information.
- Create and distribute guidelines and FAQ documents about company policies.
- Gather payroll data like bank accounts and working days.
- Publish and remove job ads.
- Schedule job interviews and contact candidates as needed.
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like total number of hires by department.
- Develop training and onboarding material.
- Respond to employees’ questions about benefits (for example, number of vacation days they’re eligible for).
- B.Sc. in Human Resources Management or relevant field in social sciences
Work experience as an HR & Admin Officer, HR Administrative Assistant or similar role.
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation
- Experience using spreadsheets
- Organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Standards of Professional Conduct: LETSAI and LETSAI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the LETSAI Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, LETSAI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- Gender Equality: LETSAI is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
- LETSAI takes issues of SEA very seriously and every potential employee found wanting will be penalized severely.
- Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Nigerian NGO Sector.
- LETSAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV, addressed to the “Human resources Manager” to: email@example.com using the Job Title and position code as subject of email.
Note: Learning through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.