Youngstars Foundation is one of Africa’s unique, life-changing youth organization operating in Abuja, Nigeria. From a weekly youth club in a local barber shop in 1995, Youngstars Foundation is growing to emerge as one of the lead youth non-profit that is building young people and strengthening youth organizations involved in development programs in Africa. Youngstars Foundation is now in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), and is registered with CAC Nigeria as Youngstars Development Initiative (CAC/IT/NO 21517) and in Ghana as Youngstars Development Initiative (G.21, 431).
- Experience 1 – 4 years
- Location Abuja
Role and Responsibilities
- Drive day-to-day coordination of various female centric online campaigns and programs.
- Drive registration on an online platform to 100,000 participants by December 2021
- Prepare and submit annual, quarterly and monthly workplans to aid and show effective planning and implementation of the project.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports in line with organizational and funders requirements.
- Develop and implement robust strategies for program implementation and results.
- Establish links and good relationships with relevant government offices, corporate organizations /authorities and with like-minded NGO’s in the area to ensure collaboration and networking.
- Drive fundraising, write proposals and strategic partnership for the organization/project.
- Build and lead a gender program team.
- Understanding of gender and women development issues.
- Familiar with membership and online community building projects
- Familiar with project development and management processes.
- Excellent verbal, interactive and writing skills (including story writing and copy writing skills).
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision yet allocate and review priorities and proactively take decisions to meet deadlines and achieve set objectives.
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking/Results Oriented/Commitment to Excellence.
- Ability to work in and lead teams
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good understanding of social media and digital marketing required to drive online campaigns.
- Self-management/Emotional intelligence and conflict management/Negotiating and resolving disagreement
- 1-4 years’ NGO experience in gender and women advancement issues and project implementation
- Having tech skills like programming and coding will be an advantage.
Physical presence at work required
Commencement: August 2021
Only Selected applicants will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Youngstars Foundation on forms.gle to apply