We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Code: FIN0024
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
- The incumbent will report to the Director of Finance and Subcontract and will support the Director of Finance and Subcontract in budget preparation, expenditure monitoring (review and analysis), and control in compliance with the donor’s financial/programmatic reporting requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and reviews appropriate systems that provide for funds accountability and accurate charging against appropriate grants budget at the Central and State offices.
- Draft audit responses for approval by the Director and ensure implementation of agreed corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance with various local laws and maintains financial files and supports annual audits.
- Supports the financial operations and financial reporting of the various projects, providing guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel.
- Supervises the finance staff at the Central office, including providing training/mentoring on THE ORGANIZATION’S’s internal policies and requirements and donor guidelines, rules, and regulations
- Works with relevant departments on integrated management of program finances ensuring effective use of resources and achieving program objectives in compliance with donor requirements
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance with membership and certification in a professional association i.e. ICAN, ACCA, or recognized equivalent is a requirement.
- 8+ years in Financial Management experience with at least 5 years of NGO experience in a similar position in a CDC/USAID-funded project.
- Working knowledge of USG rules and regulations including HSS grant policy, 45 CFR 75, A122 other donor regulations, GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) with strong financial accounting, modeling, and analytic skills to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis of information to management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tally 9 ERP accounting software for reporting purposes and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other computer-based applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate results and recommendations of analysis to a variety of audiences within the organization (for example, laterally across peers, upwards to senior management).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively with program staff and stakeholders across organizational boundaries
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment.
- Exhibits a positive and professional demeanor in and outside of the workplace that exemplifies and furthers the mission, vision, and values of the program
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. Finance Manager – FIN0024 – Abuja – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- it is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Locals and residents of this location are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.