CARE BEST INITIATIVE (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women and other vulnerable people; and to maintain human dignity during and in the after math of man–made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situation; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender sensitive and socially inclusive. This recruitment exercise is one of the activities designed to facilitate the achievement of Care Best Initiative (CBI)’s objectives in Yobe State, Nigeria.
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
The Finance Assistant will work directly under the Finance Officer who is responsible for the implementation of CBI FINANCE program in Damaturu, which includes keeping track of an organization’s finances entering data into databases, preparation of financial statements, processing invoices and supporting other employees throughout accounting processes implemented by CBI.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Process Tax payments.
- Records accounts payable and receivable.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and other relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience, desirable in Accounting
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of Accounting policies, strategies and programs.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click https://forms.gle/4zGy8uDNERcdbXqA9 to apply.
- By submitting your application for this position you agree to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.