Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid Level
Direct Line Manager: Finance Manager (with dotted reporting line to HR Manager)
Proposed Start Date: November 2021
- Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role of a Finance and Admin Officer to manage the cash and bank book payment, posting and reconciliation accurately, ensure deduction and remittance of tax in compliance with Nigerian Tax Law and identify and report red flags of fraud and corruption cases to appropriate channel.
- Ensure bank books & cash book are closed, reconciled & sent to capital office on a monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation & cash counts;
- Manage the advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the Action Against Hunger’s procedures (invoice accurate and signed);
- Support the implementation of a uniform onboarding process for all new staff;
- Ensure that administrative processes for employee separations are followed properly, and that necessary documentation and information is provided and recorded for the processing of end of contracts;
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure signed time sheets and pay slips are received, tracked and filed correctly for all staff, to ensure that all information related to payroll are received, consolidated and filed in a timely manner;
- Provide relevant data relating to payroll;
- Draft and circulate HR department communications when required;
- Support the implementation of a uniform briefing process for all new staff;
- Archive financial files as per Action Against Hunger archiving guidelines, keep copies at the base & send originals to the capital office on a monthly basis;
- Verify & cross check all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated & completed as per Action Against Hunger Archiving guidelines.
- Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- High level of organization skills, time management, capacity to maintain confidentiality and attention to detail;
- Professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy & strong sense of responsibility;
- Strong accounting skills including experience with SAGA accounting system;
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Experience in managing SAGA accounting system;
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N366,604 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
19th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.