PYXERA Global, a nonprofit organization based in Nigeria and Washington, D.C., is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Education Project Assistant. The position is full-time and community-based. This position will work with the Rayuwa project team to implement an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing accountable education in the project area. The Rayuwa project is funded by the John Deere Foundation and is housed within the Enterprise and Community Development division of PYXERA Global.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Project Assistant
Locations: Zaria – Kaduna and Kafur – Katsina States.
Employment Type: Full-time
Division: Enterprise and Community Development
Reports To: Education Project Officer, Rayuwa Nigeria Project
- The Rayuwa project involves collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context. The Project Assistant is expected to support the Education team to implement Rayuwa’s accountable education program activities.
- The ideal candidate will have a relevant educational background and experience in integrated development programs with a focus on child education in a rural community. Preference will be given to candidates with strong communication and report writing skills.
- As part of the Rayuwa Nigeria team, the successful candidate will exemplify the Rayuwa values of teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Education Project Assistant will work with other Education Project team members and report directly to the Education Project Officer, Rayuwa Nigeria Project. The position will have the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with schoolteachers and community representatives on behalf of the Rayuwa project under the supervision of the Education Officer
- Work in collaboration with other PYXERA Global staff/Officers as delegated or directed by the Education Officer in the delivery of tasks
- Conduct outreach activities in new and existing project communities with the goal of familiarizing them with the Rayuwa project and disseminating information on specific activities linked to the Rayuwa project’s objectives
- Collect and verify key teacher and school data for projects M&E purpose in areas of work or delegated responsibilities
- Conduct rigorous and continuous data collection on required data points, and provide final data to the Education Officer and M&E team
- Collect teacher feedback before and after each training
- Communicate any challenges observed in the schools with teachers pertaining to teacher outreach, M&E, or training activities to the Education Officer in a timely manner
- Participate in training and activities organized by PYXERA Global and its partners in support of the provision of services to the benefit of Rayuwa teachers and the project, as requested
- Support community education volunteers in the delivery of project activities
- Exhibit and stay committed to the Rayuwa Values of honesty, transparency, integrity, humility, freedom to innovate, equality, keep a “light” attitude, quality, teamwork, focus on the goals, accountability to all partners, and monitoring to learn and improve.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Education Officer, and or the project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Rural / Community Development, Sustainable Development, Project Management, or related field of study.
- A minimum of one-year post-graduation and NYSC work experience implementing education or rural development programs in farming communities, particularly in northern regions of Nigeria.
- Strong familiarity with rural farming communities, the basic educational system, and programs in Northern Nigeria preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills, familiarity with training-of-trainer (ToT) approaches and methodologies, and competencies in the use of tailor-made and diversified facilitation/training methods and tools.
- Experience organizing community and/or youth outreach and support programs.
- Very good presentation and writing skills.
- Very good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of computer and internet operations.
- Fluency in the English language is required.
- Proficiency in the Hausa language is strongly preferred.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Nigerian national required.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume, Cover Letter, expected compensation package, and list of three professional references to:ECDOps@pyxeraglobal.orgusing “Education Project Assistant, Rayuwa” as the subject of your email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.