The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant to supervise the vendor for EMR development work
Ref No: R179
Job Type: Part Time
- The key objective for this activity is to manage and supervise the vendor’s activities to ensure that the vendor develop and incorporate all the required additional modules/features on the identified existing EMR platform in country (NigeriaMRS)
- To ensure that it is interoperable (i.e. can communicate data) with the DHIS 2 national instance and the National Data Repository (NDR).
- The use of EMR to manage patient level information at facility greatly helps to improve the quality of service provided to patients and it also increases the productivity of health care workers and, ultimately improve the efficiency of the health care system.
- The challenge faced by health managers include deciding which brand of EMR is ideal for use is the absence of standards to guide the development and deployment which could then be used to evaluate the EMRs before they are deployed.
- Consequently, there are several EMR solutions in use in Nigeria that will not meet up with the most basic standard of functionality if an evaluation is carried out. Another setback is the huge cost involved in procurement and deployment of such systems (as huge cost is required to pay for licensing and regular renewal of such license as agreed between both parties i.e. vendor and customer) as well as cost for the maintenance and upgrade of such systems.
- Often times, in a health facility, multiple software may be used to manage a patient, this puts a lot of demand on the part of the health care worker with respect to adapting to multiple brands of software to manage a patient.
- This current activity is to employ a lead consultant to work with the vendor (to be selected) to address the challenges enumerated above i.e. ensuring that the EMR provides a unified solution which to a large extent can support all the processes in one system at a more reasonable cost while meeting all the standards recommended in the report on the Nigeria Health Information Exchange (HIE) Architecture and E-Reporting platforms.
Scope of Work:
- Review the HIE e-reporting report and other documents
- Ensure that the vendor selected to develop the EMR reviewed all the requirement documentation, identified all required data collection forms to be configured on the EMR, develop a realistic workplan for the activity
- Attend the meeting with the vendor, DHIS 2 team and NDR teams to address interoperability issues
- Ensure that the EMR solution meet all required set standard Work with vendor to ensure that the internal testing on the solution to be sure it can be used by the users and make the report available to RSSH
- Use case scenarios for the UAT is in line with the expected functionality in the requirement documentation of the UAT is conducted
- All the findings of the UAT are addressed before final release of the solution
- Review relevant documentations provided by the vendor and ensure that they facilitate the use of the EMR application.
Estimated level of effort:
- 30 working days
- Certification of the technical soundness of the following documents from the vendor engaged to work on the EMR solution
- Vendor workplan.
- Internal testing of the updated EMR solution
- Use case scenarios for the UAT
- UAT report
- Technical documentation for the EMR solution
- Report on the independent testing of the EMR solution by the consultant to ascertain its conformity with the required specifications Trip report (if any trip was made during the consultancy period) End-of-Contract report with recommendations of field deployment.
- The lead expert must be an individual/organization with at least 8 years experience in developing EMR/e-reporting platforms/systems and; have evidence of work done in Nigeria
- Lead expert must possess professional qualification in project management
- Lead expert must demonstrate good knowledge of SDLC process Expertise on use of OpenMRS
- Competence in previous Health System Strengthening with special emphasis on EMR/e-reporting platform development Proven expertise in EMR design, development and implementation (including development of interoperability).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online