Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) is established in 2018 is registered as an NGO with Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. We have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance. We are currently implementing the ECW-MYRP Project in a consortium with Grow Strong Foundation, Goalprime Organisation of Nigeria and Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) as Lead and a project with International Alert. Our approach is aligned with our mission to enhance services delivery and empower citizens envisioning a world where people in the most remote areas of the globe can have access to the basic needs of life. With values around Integrity, Partnership, result-based and sustainability.
POSITION(S): COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
NUMBER REQUIRED: ONE (1)
REPORTS TO: Communications Officer
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Given the above background particularly the goal of the communication strategy, the intern will support the staff to meet the increasing strategic communication with donors, partners and communities to ensure visibility of project activities and advocacies for CATAI.
• Working with programme teams to document impact stories for further sharing and profiling the organisation’s work to effectively draw lessons and in line with the Country strategy
• Compiling quarterly newsletters and bi-monthly bulletins
• Designing and coordinating the production of IEC materials (such as t-shirts, banners, documentaries, photos, posters, flyers and brochures) by working closely with service providers and the procurement team.
• Working with the communication team in planning and organizing internal and public events as well as outreach meetings in line with the CATAI strategic priorities.
• Participation in promoting CATAI visibility on existing organizational platforms and approved social media sites
• Make posts of impact stories documented (along with photos and/or video clips).
• Write donor communications reports as desired.
• Cover of project activities, public events, coordination meetings, sensitisations, advocacies and other events are required.
• Support the management of CATAI of social media handles.
• Perform any other related duties as requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCES, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND LANGUAGE COMPETENCE:
A degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Media or related field.
0-1 year of experience working in administration
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
Possess the ability to handle the Camera.
HOW TO APPLY: Click this LINK to Apply
POLICY STATEMENTS: Center for Advocacy Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) operates in an equal opportunity environment and has policies that actively encourage gender equality, diversity and social inclusion, Child Safeguarding, Adolescents and Youth Initiatives, PSEA, GBV, VAC and Fraud.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CATAI Does not Charge any fee to facilitate any recruitment process.
DEADLINE: APPLICATION CLOSES 25th February, 2022.