Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Communications, Awareness Raising & Media Monitoring Expert
Requisition ID: req12493
Duration: 60 months (01/05/2022 – 30/04/2027)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Palladium is in the early stages of tendering for the upcoming EU services contract, Technical Assistance for the Implementation of the EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Programme Phase II.
- The Project will provide a key component of support under the upcoming EU-SDGN II programme, building on support provided under EU-SDGN (2017-2021) and earlier initiatives. The previous phase delivered support focusing on:
- Component 1: Support to the Independent National Electoral Commission
- Component 2: Support to the National Assembly
- Component 3: Support to Political Parties
- Component 4: Support to Media
- Component 5: Support to Civil Society Organisations
- This upcoming project will provide technical services in support of the implementation of the programme’s next phase, with specific focus on Component 1, targeted at the Electoral Management Body – The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and providing overall coordination support for the broader EU-SDGN II programme.
The Expert will Provide Technical Leadership of all Communications work under the Contract. This will involve:
- Working with INEC, the EU Delegation, and other EU-SDGN II Implementing Partners to ensure joined-up communications across all components, in accordance with EU Visibility Guidelines;
- Supporting / leading on the organisation of conferences and seminars;
- Designing and managing awareness raising campaigns to foster public involvement and participation in democratic processes; and
- Media monitoring and institutional communication for public outreach.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Post-graduate Degree in the areas of Communications, Marketing, Arts, Social Sciences, or other specialisation relevant to the assignment.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Fluency / advanced knowledge in other local languages of Nigeria will be an asset.
General Professional Experience:
- Extensive professional experience leading project / programme communications.
- Extensive experience in leading awareness raising campaigns.
Specific Professional Experience:
- Proven experience in project / programme communications.
- Proven experience in the development and management of awareness raising campaigns, working with media, civil society, and other thematic stakeholders.
- Proven experience in media monitoring / institutional communication for public outreach.
- Relevant communications / awareness raising experience in the area of democratic governance will be a significant asset.
- Relevant experience on EU-funded projects / EU Visibility Guidelines will be an asset.
- Experience in communications to bolster women and youth’s involvement and participation in democratic processes will be an asset;
- Relevant experience in West Africa (working with INEC in Nigeria in particular) will be a significant asset.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
- These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”.
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Note: Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.