Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Supervisor
Location: Umuahia, Abia
Job Type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: Till December 2023
- This position will be responsible for ensuring direct provision of comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment services for Key Population in an integrated community health centre setting (one stop shop), developing, and maintaining collaborative relationships with community stakeholders and evaluating service delivery outcomes.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS and Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to Key populations (MSM, FSW, PWID and PI).
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the OSS and through community ART sites.
- Oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the Keys populations and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS.
- Ensure a seamless delivery of service for clients from intake through discharge at the OSS.
- Review and assess client treatment protocols and plans, including short- and long-term goals.
- Serve as the pharmacovigilance officer of the grant responsible for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness and any adverse effects or side effects experienced by patients on ARVs and other medications.
- Ensure adequate documentation of patient per regimen report of the grant.
- Review clinical records to evaluate the necessary level of client care.
- Coordinate and oversee the entire laboratory activities for the GF HIV project.
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV/AIDS activities.
- Ensure data is accurately captured by using the recommended database and updated as required
- Participate in Situational Room Meetings
- Ensure Clients are retained in care and achieve viral load suppression.
- Write comprehensive weekly and monthly reports on the OSS activities.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a Medical Degree (MBBS, MBChB, or MBBCh) from a recognized institution.
- Possession of an advanced degree/education in a Public health, or HIV related field would be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the vision 95-95-95 UNAIDS strategy.
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC medical experience in providing care for PLHIV (preferably key population)
- Familiarity with community and facility based HTS, treatment and retention strategies.
- Two years’ post NYSC experience in the direct provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services according to National guideline, the use of VL result to monitor PLHIV treatment outcome in an integrated community health centre setting according to national guideline.
- Knowledge of current national and global HIV treatment standards and licensure requirements.
- Familiarity with Nigerian current National guidelines for HIV prevention, treatment and care.
- Familiarity and Proficiency in the completion of all National patient management monitoring (PMM) tools during service provision.
- Proven ability to work in a team with people of different cultural, religious background, lifestyles, and sexual orientation.
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook among others.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management/ advocacy skills.
Skills and competencies:
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook among other
- Must possess good data analysis, report writing, interpretation, and presentation skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
- Patient counselling
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good listener that is easy to talk to.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.
- Follow the instruction and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence.