Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
Having worked in more than 25 fragile and conflict-affected countries, we pride ourselves on hiring 90% local employees, providing decent, dignified work and new opportunities in fragile communities. 90% of our turnover goes back into the local economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Facilitator (LGA)
Vacancy ID: VAC-7791
Start Date: 01-Aug-2022
Facilitators are expected to carry out a range of duties, as outlined below, to support our client’s work in monitoring projects and programmes in areas that are not accessible to our client’s staff or hard to reach areas in the LGAs. The Facilitators will be part of the Child Protection in Emergency program:
- Facilitators are identified among Nigerian citizens with specific experience and a thorough knowledge of the territory in which they operate, based on their residency and/or work experience.
- Chief of Field Office (CFO) or his/her Officer in Charge.
- Coordinates our client’s supported activities in the LGA level with relevant authorities/MDAs in the LGA.
- Closely works with the State Level Facilitators and provide necessary input in preparation of programme implementation reports.
- Undertakes regular situation monitoring in specific areas based on specific requests, to assess the overall situation and any unmet needs of women and children in these areas.
- Undertakes regular field visits to monitor projects/programmes. Field monitoring will focus on:
- Assessing project/programme implementation according to the PCA (Programme Cooperation Agreement) or SSFA (Small-Scale Funding Agreement), or corporate and service contracts (construction of schools, health facilities, WASH facilities and so on), emerging issues, and regular programme implementation at the LGA level.
- Verification of supplies delivered and works undertaken, including reported progress on delays and bottlenecks;
- Post-distribution monitoring of supplies to assess the beneficiaries’ views in terms of quality, timeliness and relevance of supplies delivered.
- Monitoring the overall performance of project/programme implementation.
- Reporting any actual or potential deviation from implementation plans through a report following the required format, and at a frequency guided by the duration of the project.
- Verifies and validates data in progress reports prepared by implementing partners.
- Communicates, coordinates programme activities, if required with implementing partners, in consultation with the respective our client’s Chief of Field Office or his/her delegate.
- Any other programme specific related task assigned by supervisor.
- Following any field visit, the facilitator produces programme implementation report/meetings reports on a monthly basis including field trips according to a standard format and submits the report to his/her supervisor, however, urgent issues should be escalated to the supervisors immediately. If requested, the facilitator also provides immediate update to his/her supervisor by phone/email. When submitting monthly reports, they should also submit their monthly claims/reimbursement, if any, with supporting documents.
- No direct Reports.
Required Qualifications And Competencies
- University Degree in a field related to the scope of work.
- 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/programme management, monitoring and reporting, community development work and community mobilization.
- Experience in collecting and compiling quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience working with UN or NGO.
- Fluency both verbal and written in English and the local language. Local language of the area where the Facilitator is to be deployed is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyse diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources to make analytical statements to inform decision-making.
- Good report writing skills.
- Capacity to work in an emergency context under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Good communication and networking skills, including the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams as well as establishing and maintaining close working relationships with a variety of implementing partners including Government MDAs at the local level and counterparts at different levels.
- Good computer skills, including experience with various software applications such as MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Preference will be given to the nationals of Nigeria.