Slum2school Africa is a volunteer-driven developmental organization with a vision to transform the society by empowering disadvantaged children to realize their full potential. Founded in 2012, we recognize that there are severe shortcomings in the educational sector in Africa and in this area, seek to improve the lives of Africa’s most precious resource – her children. We provide educational scholarships, create learning spaces and provide other psychosocial support for disadvantaged and vulnerable children in slums and indigent communities through our team of dedicated staff who possess our culture, competence, commitment, and have the right character.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Staff
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seek a highly qualified Chief of Staff to work closely with its executive leadership and management executive team.
- From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
- The ideal candidate should have proven experience in providing valued administrative and management support for the Executive Director and executive leadership, Senior Management, Stakeholders and also experienced in playing an important organizational management role in support of the daily operations and long-term vision of the organization.
- Serve as liaison with staff, executives, senior leaders, and the Executive Director, regarding the organization’s vision, mission, climate, culture, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning.
- Managing the Executive Director’s schedule, locally and internationally, scheduling meetings and coordinating local and international travel.
- Representing and/or working together with the Executive Director to plan and attend high level events and engagements.
- Providing department and regional leaders with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork.
- Collaborate and work with the executive leadership team to determine and prioritize organization strategies.
- Coordinate meetings of the Board of Directors and its Committees including management meetings with the Executive Director and management team.
- Support key internal/external communication and logistics.
- Assist the Human Resources department with new hires, including documentation and onboarding, and collaborate to address and resolve all employee concerns.
- Planning, overseeing, coordinating and keeping contents of a meeting focused.
- Determining key performance indicators and how to measure team performance
- Providing tactical support to implement ideas, while initiating new ones.
- Providing Executive Director and other senior leaders with insight and analysis on the organization’s operations, including socio-economic outlook.
- Assessing risk when decisions are made and providing support and oversight for special projects and initiatives.
- Supporting Human Resources in building a people friendly working community.
- Identifying and providing recommendations on improvements across the organization.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Four or more years of experience in a business management, leadership support or executive role.
- Experience in organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Versatile abilities and extreme dedication to efficient productivity
- Strong computer skills – a fast learner comfortable with tech.
- Applications include: Microsoft Office suite and Google G Suite (Mail, Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Design, Video creation, Content development and management, etc.),
- Salesforce, a range of online tools for banks, vendors, and donors
- Other apps and add-ons for organization, productivity, email, etc.
- Good listener, insightful, takes initiative
- Socially aware and savvy.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or MSc, LLB (or equivalent experience) in business administration or similar field
- Experience in data analysis and budget management
- Consulting experience, with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind, focused on developing creative solutions
- Strong project-reporting skills, with focus on interdepartmental communications.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Team player and ability to multitask
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and very flexible.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Interviews are on a rolling basis.