We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that hardworking people can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Anambra, Lagos
- Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Working closely and being directly supervised by the Senior Business Specialist, the Business Advisor will play a critical role in the USAID and Coca-Cola’s Nigeria Plastic Solutions Alliance Program (NPSAP) by overseeing advisory services and conducting all program activities and training services to beneficiaries, while also facilitating formal and informal networking and linkages with various stakeholders. S/he will facilitate business linkages, gather market intelligence, and monitor performance. The tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities of the business advisor, however, the employee will be expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
Project Inception Phase
- Provide support to short-term consultants during market analysis study which will include value chain mapping, enabling environment mapping, gender and social inclusion analysis.
- Conduct recruitment/enrollment of program beneficiaries using predetermined criteria.
- Assist the Senior Business Specialist and Project Lead in developing the detailed project work plan.
- Lead the implementation of the project’s digital strategy, ensuring beneficiary adoption and engagement.
- Facilitate training sessions for beneficiaries, monitoring attendance and engagement to ensure adherence to program guidelines.
- Provide crucial linkages between plastic collectors and aggregators, and between aggregators and recyclers.
- Monitor the recruited plastic collectors, aggregators, and recyclers to ensure they are operating within the terms and conditions of the program’s agreement.
- Participate in monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, contributing to the program’s reporting and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure adherence to the program work plan, identifying and mitigating risks to successful project implementation.
- Collate feedback from the program beneficiaries through the program’s feedback mechanism.
- Embody and promote TechnoServe’s values, vision, and strategy, ensuring these are integrated into all program activities.
- Perform other duties in line with the evolving needs of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Business Management, Marketing, Business Enterprise, Project Management, or relevant Social Sciences/ Humanities related discipline with at least 3 years’ experience working with communities living on less than $2 a day in educating clients/beneficiaries on business development and marketing goals while nurturing relationship with relevant stakeholders. Alternatively, at least 1 year experience in similar field with a Masters degree.
- Demonstrated ability in working with small and growing businesses for at least 2 years post NYSC as a plus.
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement, data collection and analysis, digital training delivery, and report writing.
- Ability to engage and advise a broad range of stakeholders, including senior management of private sector companies, donor representatives, and others;
- Demonstrated experience in report writing.
- Experience in the waste management or recycling sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); familiarity with Comcare and KoBoCollect is advantageous.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.